Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 MidwayUSA & NRA Bianchi Cup

NRAActionPistol

All,

Check out the "New for 2011" Friends of the NRA TV Show: http://www.friendsofnra.org

The 1st show features the 2010 MidwayUSA/NRA Bianchi Cup, you will see a lot of familiar faces in the show.

Also here is the 2011 Schedule of Events.

Hope to see you all in May in Columbia, MO, we already have almost (40) FORTY Competitors signed up to compete this year!

NRA Pistol Department

2011ScheduleofEvents.pdf

Edited by NRAActionPistol

I'm one of those 40 but I'm a bit confused. I received my confirmation letter. It had a shooting schedule in it that says I shoot Tuesday 5/25/10 through Thursday 5/27/10. Obviously the year is off and I'm guessing the days. It also is only for my open gun, not open and metallic. Was this sent by mistake? Also it has me listed as competitor 85, which is my number from last year. Does that stay the same or change year to year (except Doug and Bruce) based on when you register?

Chuck,

I received the same thing. I talked to Tom and like you suspected the year was wrong.

They are not doing the squadding for the second gun at this time.

As far as numbers go, the top 20 usually get their number based on their finish last year. The rest of them were given out based on when your entry was received. That part may have changed.

I'm one of those 40 but I'm a bit confused. I received my confirmation letter. It had a shooting schedule in it that says I shoot Tuesday 5/25/10 through Thursday 5/27/10. Obviously the year is off and I'm guessing the days. It also is only for my open gun, not open and metallic. Was this sent by mistake? Also it has me listed as competitor 85, which is my number from last year. Does that stay the same or change year to year (except Doug and Bruce) based on when you register?

All,

After the first 4 or 5 confirmation letters and squadding were sent out for the 2011 Bianchi Cup, we noticed a glitch in the Bianchi systems day/month/year/date software. It has been fixed. If you are one of the hand full of people who's squadding has the wrong day of the week i.e. Tuesday 05/25/11 on it instead of Wednesday 05/25/11 notice that all the other information is correct, event/time and division. If you would like a new copy of your squadding, please email bianchicup@nrahq.org and we will mail you your new squadding sheet showing the appropriate day of the week.

As for squadding. With the increase in competitors at the Bianchi Cup, there is a concern that the operational limits of the range will be exceeded. After the decision was made to hold squadding of second guns until a later date, a competitor notice was drafted, and is included in your return letter of confirmation. For those who did not receive the notice in their letter of confirmation, consider this posting your notice.

Pistol Department

• 2 weeks later...

Shouldn't they tell you that before you sign up?

There's no mention of cash amounts in the official program, or on the entry paperwork, so, no, they don't have to let us know that the $100,000 has been removed from the possible winnings, since it didn't exist on paper before. The only time I'd seen mention of it before was in one of the NRA publications, probably American Rifleman magazine, though I can't say for sure.

Either way, it won't happen this year.

Edited by Alan550

I seem to recall hearing Mr. Potterfield himself announce it at last years match.

You're absolutely correct! He announced it at the Bar-b-que. Did you, by any chance, see the look on Tom Hughes & Mike Krei's faces at the time? They had no clue that announcement was coming. Guess Larry didn't think that one through before opening his mouth.

Alan~^~

You're absolutely correct! He announced it at the Bar-b-que. Did you, by any chance, see the look on Tom Hughes & Mike Krei's faces at the time? They had no clue that announcement was coming. Guess Larry didn't think that one through before opening his mouth.

Alan~^~

All,

This letter will go out to everyone that has signed up, requested information, and potential competitors wishing to compete at this years 2011 MidwayUSA & NRA Bianchi Cup.

Hope to see you all in May, in Columbia, MO.

NRA Pistol Department

2011100000PrizeLetter.doc