Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Federal 1oz Game Loads

Nealio

Has anyone else had the cheap Walmart Federal 1oz Game Loads FTF on them? I've had great luck until 2 weeks ago and now I've had 4 FTF's from what looks like a burr from one of the folds in the crimp getting hung on the mouth of the chamber. It appears to be lined up almost perfect, but it catches. If I pull the bolt back slightly and let go it will chamber fine. I know I shouldn't expect the cheapest 12ga ammo I can find to be the most reliable, but its been working great except for these 4 FTF's.

I have posted this more times than I can remember!! Yes the Federal Wally World Stuff has "ify" crimps. Taran and I usually run them for EVERYTHING, but I ALWAYS open a box in the 100 pac and inspect the crimp. If they are spread out, like you indicate, I pass them by, if they look good they are almost always good for the entire 100 pack. General info....again!!!!

Shooting open with Armstec sticks, the Wally/Federal hulls are way to soft to reliably load. I suggest any of the Wincester AA. A little bit more money but a way better hull and crimp. I would assume they would load better into a limited shotgun also. My $0.02.