Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

550 B presonalized improvements you've made

I added a length of hard copper piping to my 550 when FL resizing. It goes up vertically and terminates 4" below the rim of a 2 gallon pail. The pail collects all the FL resized brass perfectly.

Now when I sit down and FL resize my productivity has increased 5-fold :)

I tried using reinfirced poly tubing, however the mouth's sharp edges would eventually score the inside and the brass would bind up and get munched.

Hard pipe works the best, and it is an easy 20 minute modification that lets you resize 1000 cases in an hour.

I use a 9mm locked into my FL resize station to push the .40 brass through. Works like a charm.

I added a length of hard copper piping to my 550 when FL resizing. It goes up vertically and terminates 4" below the rim of a 2 gallon pail. The pail collects all the FL resized brass perfectly.

I tried using reinfirced poly tubing, however the mouth's sharp edges would eventually score the inside and the brass would bind up and get munched.

Hard pipe works the best, and it is an easy 20 minute modification that lets you resize 1000 cases in an hour.

I use a 9mm locked into my FL resize station to push the .40 brass through. Works like a charm.

Sounds really interesting but I am not getting the visual... A little more please?

Sounds really interesting but I am not getting the visual... A little more please?

How about a pic tomorrow after work? it looks really 'Red-Green' in terms of technology, but it functions like a charm! I guess a couple of pics are in order.

I forgot to add that the pail is suspended from the ceiling by some baling wire (no joke) and after you get about 60 rounds FL/R'd you can hear them drop into the pail. Turn on some music and it is easy. place brass, pull handle, repeat, and you only dump the bucket when it gets full :)

Edited by Got Juice?

That piece of billet aluminum probably cost more than just buying the pre-made one from Dillon. And theirs is blue ;)

Not saying I don't like yours.

Well I wanted one with a flat bottom, plus the aluminum I had was just scrap/free

That piece of billet aluminum probably cost more than just buying the pre-made one from Dillon. And theirs is blue ;)

Not saying I don't like yours.

Well I wanted one with a flat bottom, plus the aluminum I had was just scrap/free

Good enough reason for me! Looks nice! I want a bullet tray.

How about a pic tomorrow after work? it looks really 'Red-Green' in terms of technology, but it functions like a charm! I guess a couple of pics are in order.

I forgot to add that the pail is suspended from the ceiling by some baling wire (no joke) and after you get about 60 rounds FL/R'd you can hear them drop into the pail. Turn on some music and it is easy. place brass, pull handle, repeat, and you only dump the bucket when it gets full :)

Any update on that Pic? How about some video too cause I am at a loss of how this works. Do share :)

I use a 1050 powder funnel, makes for a smoother 'upstroke'.

Could you please elaborate on exactly what you did and why it makes a difference? Any pics?

I just did the same thing. I don't have pictures but the 1050 "activator" (funnel) looks like a regular 550 powder funnel with the tip milled off to just look like a cone tip. The resistance on the up stroke is from the regular funnel having the expander on the end. It sticks inside the case. Without that portion on the funnel there is nothing to grab hold of. Make sense? You could mill the end off of the powder funnel or just do like I did and order the 1050 part from Brian. It is part number 13005 and I got it delivered for $22.93. The part costs the same from either brian or Dillon but Brians shipping was $5 less.:cheers:

I havent been watching this thread, sorry for the tardy reply. The 1050 powder die funnel doesnt insert into the case. Its just a cone shaped thingy that bells the case mouth. Theres no 'sticktion' when you upstroke. I've been using it for awhile now on 9mm and .40 (and Super too)

Nice thing is that the 1050 funnel works on most all pistol calibers...so you only need to get one of these (from Brian).

I first read about it here:

http://www.dfwshooters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2358