Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading Supplies in Canada

XD Niner

It looks like I will be shooting IPSC in Toronto for the foreseeable future. I expect I'll be there long enough to make reloading a must. Where is the best place to buy reloading components or mail order them in Canada? I'm particulary concerned about powder and primers.

What powder you are looking for and what caliber you are going reload?

There is a few stores around. I shop in Hamilton area. AIM Projectiles for bullets, Hummason Manufacturing in Ancaster for powder and primers. There is also couple places where you can get reasonably cheap reloads for .40 and 9mm.

Edited by euxx

Are going to get a PAL?( Possession and Aquisition license) the reason I ask is because it's required to legaly purchase ammunition and powder, not requIred for primers.

Best price for powder if you have a Canadian license is higginson powder, they will not sell to anybody without a license......welcome to Canada the land of not so free to shoot.

I'm bringing my 9mm to start with and plan to eventually bring my .38 Super. I will have a Non-resident Firearm Declaration. As I understand it that form will be sufficient for me to buy ammunition. I'm not sure if it will be enough to obtain reloading components.

Well just read the fact and yes you can bring some limited ammo with you better ask the border prior to the trip....but I'm guessing 5k max ? And yes you can purchase ammo here with that permit so Perhaps you can also buy powder?? primer in Canada is not regulated anybody can purchase them....go figure.

I would suggest that if you want to reload is that you bring your casing and bullets with you (unless you fly)there is no limit on these items, otherwise you may be surprise at the cost ;)

you do not legally need a PAL to buy powder. just ammunition. i am not sure if the temporary registration certificate they give you when you bring your gun in would work as a PAL but i am willing to bet it would. i would contact the ammo source http://www.theammosource.com/index.php?main_page=contact_us&zenid=103ef0f890141336b0f5afc4d07e7081 and talk to them what would work for them.