Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting new 930 Roadblocker Ready

spencerhut

Got my wife a 930 Roadblocker for Christmas. Yes, she asked for that specific one. I noticed Jerry M is using the same model so I figured I'd try to configure her new 930 up the same way Jerry has his setup.

What I see in pictures of Jerry shooting is a bunch of Nordic stuff

Nordic Speed Bolt

Nordic Tube Clamp

Nordic 8 shot extension

And with all that I bet he has the low drag follower from Nordic too.

Modified Arredondo Benelli Speed Loader assist

His optic looks like Burris/Doctor/J-Point red dot mounted real low in the factory tapped holes.

Did I miss anything?

What fine tuning / deburing I need to do with a out of the box 930?

Thanks!

if you look closely at the arredondo speed loader assist it is a remington 1100 bracket

and i don't thing Jerry run the 18.5 in barrel it look longer than that just check both photo at same time it looks longer on his gun

i shot the road blocker and it does not shoot anything from walmart like value pact i guess not enough pressure

i had to get remington sts premium 3 1/4 dram eq and 1 1/4 oz shot but it felt like shooting 2 1/2 dram with than big brake

one thing that went bad ---the hammer drop when the bolt wasn't fully closed so the bolt torqued the receiver and the gun stop from working....and guess what ,not covered by mossberg warranty so the gun is a paper weight now

so long for mossberg , i will end up using my jam master 1100 again this year...i will get a benelli next year

I grabbed a bunch of random shot shells from my stash, including my reloads and some Walmart stuff and they all ran 100%.

We shot:

6 Estate who knows what, but they are junk and won't run my 1100 or Weatherby SA-08

10 of my Reloads 1 1/8oz @ 1200FPS

1 Box of Remington Gun Club Target, Walmart

1 Box or Winchester AA Light Target, Walmart

1 Box of Remington STS Light Target

1 Box or Nobelsport Super Sporting Clays

Zero malfunctions.

I've seen several pictures of Jerry's gun and the Roadblocker we have appears identical to the one Jerry is using.

My M1 Super90 has worked very well for me, but this Roadblocker is for my wife to replace her tired 1100.

Shot the 930 in stock form at a local match in pouring rain yesterday. It ran flawlessly for the wife and I. We even let another guy shoot it and it ran just fine for him too. I really missed the long mag tube on my Benelli, but the lower recoil was nice. The blast out of the comp was noticeable, but not obnoxious.

Just an FYI......the road blocker barrel is a heavy barrel, I believe. Our clamp may need to be opened up a little to fit that barrel.

Okay, thanks for that tip. I'm sure I would have done the monkey with a football routine for a while before I got the grinder/sandpaper out. :wacko:

On the ones that we've opened up.....we clamped the barrel part of the clamp around a 1.25" dia bar in a vise and pine boards so we didn't mar the finish. Just don't 'reef' on the vise jaws.

The Nordic parts showed up and as you can see she is happy. Just need to add the dot and speedloader chute and it will be ready. Oh, 12+1 with the short cap, should hold 13+1 with the XXL cap.

I might remove some metal on the bottom of the huge comp, just a little, so it's not rubbing on the extension tube.

DSCF9246.JPG

Did some minor fitting

1. Cleaned up the stock follower, rounded the front edge so it won't catch in the transition from the extension to the stock tube since it was catching. If this does not eliminate the problem I'll try the Nordic Follower.

2. Cleaned up the sharp edges off the lifter that were getting my finger tips.

3. Relieved under the giant comp ~1/16" to get the comp off the new extension, should have removed more. It's not bad, I'm picky.

4. Added the XXL Nordic cap, it's now 13+1+1

5. Relieved the top (as it sits on the gun) of the Nordic clamp to fit a bit better.

I must say the Nordic stuff is real high quality. I have a Choate clamps on my 1100 & Benelli that are marginal, they work loose all the time. Nordic is soo much better . . .

We'll shoot it this weekend and see how 13+1+1 works out.

Talked to Jerry at Shot Show today. Jerry used the Remington speedchute on his gun. He drew out a diagram for me and told me to use the Benelli version instead, less work and it should work out better. Glad I asked, I was about to buy the Remington.

• 1 month later...

Here is the mounted Benelli Arredondo Speedloader chute.

The Mossberg trigger housing pins are 3/16 so you will need some new 3/16 pins at least 2" long. You will need to make a pair of spacers, I used aluminum, about .150" thick. I only had some .185 thick stock so I had to file off .035 from each spacer. You spacer material should be as close to .150 without going under or it will be loose. I drilled and tapped the spacers to keep them attached to the chute, just some short 6-32 screws counter sunk into the chute.

You will need to file down the little nub on the speedloader that rests on the trigger guard. Don't go too far, file, test, file.

Ignore the existing hole and pin the chute comes with, they won't work. I may counter sink and tap the hole for a 10-32 screw

DSCF9277.JPG

DSCF9278.JPG

It works like a charm! Just finished it at midnight last night, I'll clean it up a little later.

since you used the benelli version, if you had tec tubes for the 1100, you may have to mod them as well. the benelli tec tubes have a shorter "tang" on the tip of the tube. you will likely have to take some of that length off an 1100 tube for the loader to engage the lifter properly. let me know how it works out. benny is building mine now.

Okay, now I'm done with it.

I tried some Benelli and Some Mossberg speedloaders, both seem to work about the same.

The chute is on there very solid. I ended up using the screw supplied with the Mossberg speedloader on the rear of my fabricated mount.

IMG_20110305_160844.jpg

Great job mate , looks great. Just looking for a Benelli speed chute to add to mine. Where did you get the 2" pins from ? Were metric over here so will be hard to locate !

You need 55mm long, 4.73mm diameter pins.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks Great...

Can you show a pic of the relieved area of the Muzzle break.

and What did you use to do it?

What make is the sight?

Thanks for your time and help..

Ed

Sight is a Burris Fastfire

I filed and sanded the bottom of the muzzle brake, no biggie. I'll take a picture next time I tear it apart.

• 7 months later...

Okay, now I'm done with it.

I tried some Benelli and Some Mossberg speedloaders, both seem to work about the same.

The chute is on there very solid. I ended up using the screw supplied with the Mossberg speedloader on the rear of my fabricated mount.

IMG_20110305_160844.jpg

Hi Spencerhut,

Just to clarify, you are using an 'Arredondo Speed Loader Assist', but for the Benelli, on your Mossberg 930? And the only thing you needed to do, to get this to work was:

- Used some longer housing pins.

- Used some spacers.

- Filed a little off the back of the chute, where it touches the trigger guard.

Correct? I assume the 'Arredondo' brand speed loaders would work ok with this setup?

Cheers,

BuckoNZ

Edited by buckonz