Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.400 Cor-Bon in IDPA?

TommyC

TommyC:

The answer to your question is on page 10 of the IDPA rulebook. IDPA made CDP .45 ACP only so the .400 Cor-Bon would be in Enhanced Service Pistol.

We see guys shooting all kinds of stuff in IDPA because they start with what they have. I have seen guys shoot .44 Magnum in an N-Frame Smith, .357 Sig, .400 Cor-Bon, etc. If they get hooked, they go buy a more "suitable" caliber. If they don't like the game, they save a lot of money. Good luck to your friend, he's going to need it shooting that against the 125 power factor gamer pistols, lol.

I shot .400 CorBon for the 2001 IDPA Nationals in ESP class.

For IDPA power factor (125), brass is easily formed from .45 ACP.

It was pleasant to shoot and very reliable in feeding. Ejecting can be a little persnickity until you find the right load.

Your friend could also drop in a .45 ACP barrel and shoot in CDP.

(Edited by HeadHunter at 3:14 pm on Dec. 13, 2002)

• 10 years later...

I shoot it for fun occasisonally in IDPA as an ESP gun - with the handicap of only 8 rounds in the mag (10 round mag won't fit 'the box'). It is accurate and very soft shooting.

Necked down 45 ACP case (I use SP primer brass so I don't get it mixed in with my 45 ACP brass)

5.5gr WST

145gr LSWC (from BSL Bullet Works - it has a crimp groove)

1.220" OAL (set by the bullet crimp ring)

Ave 987fps out of a AccuMatch barrel in a PT1911.

I dare say that you won't find this load listed, I did what math I could then concocted this load for WST after a little trial and error and careful inspection. I've posted this on such an old thread in case anyone is searching for a .400 Cor-Bon load - help where I can.