Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

wahoooo....shot my first match today!

R-Bros_JLR

Shot my first USPSA match today and had a great time. I had been shooting a Glock 35 for some time, but picked up a Glock 34 just yesterday so I went to my buddy's house and loaded up some ammo real quick and shot that in the Limited class today. I think I'll keep that gun for Production and get rid of the G35 to help fund an 2011 for Limited. Bad thing is that I've got nothing for 9mm, so tonight has been Xmas shopping for brass and bullets:) I can tell this is going to be something I'll really enjoy. If anyone is looking for a G35 with 20+ mags, let me know....mine's going up for sale!

I know how you feel wanting to upgrade to a new gun, but nothing wrong with a g35 for limited. Especially if you're shooting a 34 in Production.

On the other hand...nothing wrong with loading some soft .40s and keeping the 35 and ditching the 34 :)

I know how you feel wanting to upgrade to a new gun, but nothing wrong with a g35 for limited. Especially if you're shooting a 34 in Production.

On the other hand...nothing wrong with loading some soft .40s and keeping the 35 and ditching the 34 :)

See.....I'm going to be getting or building an STI for some other reasons anyway, so I won't really have a need for the 35. It's been a great gun to shoot, but it's time to pass it on to someone else I think. The 34 is cheaper to shoot in bulk and recoil is a little better on my messed up elbow.

Well, results are posted and I ended up 4th overall with a 71.64%. I had a FTE one target on the first stage or things might have been a little better. Too much fun.....I'm going to try to get these type of matches going at my local club.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, results are posted and I ended up 4th overall with a 71.64%. I had a FTE one target on the first stage or things might have been a little better. Too much fun.....I'm going to try to get these type of matches going at my local club.

Wow that is awesome for a first match!!

Wow that is awesome for a first match!!

Really? SWEET! I'm going to try to go shoot an IDPA match this weekend so hopefully it goes good!

• 1 month later...