Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli maintenance

RH45

I picked up a lightly used, 20 gauge, Benelli Legacy, earlier this year and have used it all fall for bird hunting.

I've searced here for what guys do for maintenance on a Benelli, but, I can't seem to find anything. I realize that the Benellis run a LOT cleaner than gas guns, but, doesn't anybody do any maintenance on them? :surprise:

I've cleaned out the barrel, and blew out the trigger group with compressed air, but, was thinking that maybe the bolt assy. should be taken apart to be cleaned and oiled.

I'm not sure how the bolt assy. comes apart. Maybe it really doesn't NEED to be done, but, I'd like to go through it so it's ready for next season.

Thanks!!

the paper manuel you get with a new gun is pretty instructive, even if it was written by an Italian. Tthe faceless cartoon guy in the diagrams is wearing a tie, which is really funny. i almost never wear a tie when maintaining firearms. Must be an eye-talian thang.

push out the firing pin retaining pin, pull firing pin, pull out large pin holding bolt and bolt carrier together and the whole bolt assembly comes apart. clean it, oil it and put it back.

Sounds like an AR--THANKS!!

push out the firing pin retaining pin, pull firing pin, pull out large pin holding bolt and bolt carrier together and the whole bolt assembly comes apart. clean it, oil it and put it back.

Sounds like an AR--THANKS!!

It's an AR with an extra spring and no gas tube. Seriously.