Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading 38 SC for USPSA

user293

Reloading is not rocket science, it simply requires some VERY basic knowledge and reasonable attention - don't do it with TV on and kids running around. A closed door and quiet music go long ways towards assuring quality and safety.

Luke is a kid himself! not even 21 yet so I HOPE he doesn't have kids running around!

yea i know i need small rifle. but you never know with those MN gun talk guys! someone may wanna blast with .45 and they may have sold there .223 so they could have extra small rifle! but im sure gunstop will be in stock, down in Minnetonka.

True but, thought I would warn of inventory supply. I would call Gun stop. other than that, you won't really find anything local and I would HATE to have to dip into my 85,000 inventory to help! :):cheers:

Luke is a kid himself! not even 21 yet so I HOPE he doesn't have kids running around!

How about little brothers and sisters? :)

Regarding local availability, it might vary depending upon the location, but here I can get pretty much all I need off the shelf, including Winchester Small Rifle primers and fancy powders.

I only buy mail order, of course, due to my volume, but that is another story altogether! :)

The CSD is the Competition Seating Die with the micrometer on top....not the Crimp one.....I never had problems with mines, but I do used the Lee Factory Crimp Pistol Die because I can adjust the crimp like I want it's faster and very stable.

I know what CSD is, I have several, I was answering specifically regarding Redding crimp die, as in from G-Man's post: "and either a Hornady or Redding taper crimp die"

Lee Crimp Dies are not without faults either. I have received some new ones where the crimp sleeve had horrible tool chatter marks on the working surface. As result they would stick to the case and leave horrendous marks. I ended up buying several sleeves so I could select good ones. They are inexpensive, which is good, but still, you don't expect tool marks like that.

All things considered, I would still recommend the Lee crimp dies overall - I use them on all my calibers.

That's the first I've heard of a bad Redding die of any kind...strange. I will say that I've got several Hornady crimp dies....they do a nice job, and they aren't expensive. R,

haha!

I would not even bother with Cabelas. I dont think anyone will want to trade small rifle for large pistol! :) (FYI...you need small rifle)

No he doesn't. It depends on his load he develops. I run SPM in my super and it shows absolutely no signs of pressure.

Edit to add. Powder Valley shows all makes of Win primers available at $25 per k.

Edited by GrumpyOne

haha!

I would not even bother with Cabelas. I dont think anyone will want to trade small rifle for large pistol! :) (FYI...you need small rifle)

No he doesn't. It depends on his load he develops. I run SPM in my super and it shows absolutely no signs of pressure.

Edit to add. Powder Valley shows all makes of Win primers available at $25 per k.

SPM are pretty close to SR in most brands as far as how hard/thick the cup seems to be. R,

haha!

SPM are pretty close to SR in most brands as far as how hard/thick the cup seems to be. R,

True, but I was just pointing out that there are other options.....

yea i know i need small rifle. but you never know with those MN gun talk guys! someone may wanna blast with .45 and they may have sold there .223 so they could have extra small rifle! but im sure gunstop will be in stock, down in Minnetonka.

True but, thought I would warn of inventory supply. I would call Gun stop. other than that, you won't really find anything local and I would HATE to have to dip into my 85,000 inventory to help! :):cheers:

holy cow Matt thats outrageous 85 thou is a ****load of primers (i think). but i should be ok. ill do some checkin around and i should be good. i think im gonna cut it close with timing on getting the bigger matches, but ill be happy to get a few months of blastin in. Im diggin the info here. Paul said he can get everything i need from him, including the tuned mags, to holsters to dies and etc. so ill keep in touch with him.

How about little brothers and sisters? :)

Regarding local availability, it might vary depending upon the location, but here I can get pretty much all I need off the shelf, including Winchester Small Rifle primers and fancy powders.

I only buy mail order, of course, due to my volume, but that is another story altogether! :)

yea my little brother likes to get into my reloading room and eat my powder sometimes, im like WTF are u doin? haha just jokin.