Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15Targets Texas State Tactical 2-Gun Match

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The page will not open at all,

If someone can get to the scores can you save it and attach it to the ,, post,,, that would be cool

I hope it includes the stages that did not, get counted in the end of match score!

Thanks

it would be nice to see the results for each of the stages that were thrown out for those that shot them.

oh yes,,, I think I shot the SWAT truck,, stage well,,, I just want to see how,, I staked up from who did shoot it,,

The "Scores" file is an "xlsx" file which is the new Microsoft format and plain ol' Excel will not work; has to be the latest, or you can download Open Office for free and it can open those files. The "overall" is a PDF which anyone should be able to open. I tried to attach a reformatted xls file but it would not let me.

The site is some kind of Flash so I do not know how to post a direct link to the scores.

Jim - you sure it is not the .mil preventing you from opening such an evil file? ;)

Lee

The "Scores" file is an "xlsx" file which is the new Microsoft format and plain ol' Excel will not work; has to be the latest, or you can download Open Office for free and it can open those files. The "overall" is a PDF which anyone should be able to open. I tried to attach a reformatted xls file but it would not let me.

The site is some kind of Flash so I do not know how to post a direct link to the scores.

Jim - you sure it is not the .mil preventing you from opening such an evil file? ;)

Lee

Not sure which rocket scientist loaded that in a new format, but hopefully this conversion will work. I'm sending it to Jim and he can forward it.

Lee

It just might be the Mil,,, blocking,,, no joke,,

this not knowing the scores,, bugs me more than it should,, I know,, before the next match I shoot, I like to do a lil AAR, on myself,

so I see what I need to practice on,,, knowing the scores is is all part of that for me,,

If I could get them I'd cut and paste them on to a word doc and post it,,,

maybe tonight,,

Thank you!

And thanks James,,, you must have posted at the same time I did ,,

Edited by M ammo

Lee

It just might be the Mil,,, blocking,,, no joke,,

this not knowing the scores,, bugs me more than it should,, I know,, before the next match I shoot, I like to do a lil AAR, on myself,

so I see what I need to practice on,,, knowing the scores is is all part of that for me,,

If I could get them I'd cut and paste them on to a word doc and post it,,,

maybe tonight,,

Thank you!

And thanks James,,, you must have posted at the same time I did ,,

I downloaded the "fix" pack and resaved it in regular excel. Three pages of mmmmmm info.

Overall I had a great time at the match!! I drove 8 hours and was a little disappointed that the night match was tossed along with several stages on Sunday. It was just too much match for one day. I didn't get to shoot any of the long range stages that attracted me, but the ones I shot were very challenging and I enjoyed them.

I think just a few small changes will help the match, such as carbon copies for score sheets and spread it over 2 days... Maybe 5 stages on Saturday and 3 on Sunday. The flow of the prize table seemed to drag out, putting me home at 4am.

I completely understand things will not always run smoothly the first time and I'll be more than willing to give this match another go.

I was able to shrink the file size a bit so hopefully this works.

I thought the match was great and was very happy to have placed 17th. I've only been shooting in matches since July and thought I was doing horrible after seeing some of the other scores in my squad but I quickly realized I was somehow placed with some of the best 3 gunners in the nation (Trapr, Adam, Kurt, etc). After that I didn't feel too bad shooting 30 seconds slower than them! I really wanted to do the shoot house stage but wasn't too upset missing the 2nd long range stage since I'm not running any magnification. I'll definitely be back next year!

Ben

scores.pdf

For those who have a copy of Excel that will not open the .XLSX file and would like to be able to sort the data, here are the scores in .XLS format. (The forum won't allow an .XLS attachment so I ZIP'd it.) FYI, Microsoft put out an Excel 2003 update quite awhile back, (after a zillion people complained,) that will now allow an old version to open the new files and save in either format.

tx2g-scores.ZIP

I was able to shrink the file size a bit so hopefully this works.

I thought the match was great and was very happy to have placed 17th. I've only been shooting in matches since July and thought I was doing horrible after seeing some of the other scores in my squad but I quickly realized I was somehow placed with some of the best 3 gunners in the nation (Trapr, Adam, Kurt, etc). After that I didn't feel too bad shooting 30 seconds slower than them! I really wanted to do the shoot house stage but wasn't too upset missing the 2nd long range stage since I'm not running any magnification. I'll definitely be back next year!

Ben

We were sure out gunned in that squad. I shot my first major match in 2008 with Adam, the TX State Limited, and wow he was great, his pistol was off a bit Saturday but he ran that rifle well and finished well. Kurt never heard of him, but after a couple stages it became obvious, he was a BigDawg or he had metal seek bullets with little magnets in them, he just never seemed to miss. Trapr well he is known well locally for rifle and shot gun, but I had no idea he could shoot pistol at the top of the game! I claim noob to 2-Gun over 25 yards, I definatly brought the wrong girl to the dance, I should have brought my Limited gun, cause my pistol shooting sucked dead bears, I figured out the sights were off just before the last stage we shot, a little too late. Heck I placed 80th so no where to go but up. If they have another one I have to come back and redeem myself, it think it is some where under the trailer.

Kurt never heard of him, but after a couple stages it became obvious, he was a BigDawg or he had metal seek bullets with little magnets in them, he just never seemed to miss.

You should see him reload a shotgun...

Perhaps I am missing something but the scores do not appear to include the Sunday shooters (or at least some of them seem to be missing) and I had understood stage 6 was tossed, yet it's there. Maybe it's mislabeled in the spreadsheet?

5 and 7 were tossed, I believe, not 6 (the handcuff stage).

Perhaps I am missing something but the scores do not appear to include the Sunday shooters (or at least some of them seem to be missing) and I had understood stage 6 was tossed, yet it's there. Maybe it's mislabeled in the spreadsheet?

stage 5 was the one tossed = we went rite to stage six Saturday

Here's my match video. Shot heavy on Saturday and tactical on Sunday. I had a great time. It was a shame that things didn't work out as planned. I know the guys learned a lot about running a big match. I know it will be better next time. I'll be there for sure.

Hey guys, I'm sorry it's taken me so long to chime in here.

First of all, I want to thank each and every one of you for your comments, suggestions, criticism and much needed support. This was our first major match, and boy did we learn a lot! I think everyone hit the nail on the head, twice, we had too much packed into one day, and the RO's did an AMAZING job making it what it was!

The Sunday winds were tornado like, winds we've never experienced at the facility before! It actually broke some of the wall structures (not just knock it down, but broke the 4x8 sheets of plywood that were still held in place!).

Scores-

I had a scoring system in place and was all set up to enter the scores from all the stages and all the shooters, it would spit out the results, and we'd be good to go as soon as the data could be entered... The problem came with the exclusion of some stages, a scenario I never considered. It was creating errors in the formula and zero values for those stages were causing more errors. So long story short we had to re-invent the spreadsheet, and enter just the pertinent scores. This is why the only scores that are currently listed are the ones for the stages that were affecting the results. We do have the other scores for the other stages, and the night match. We will get those posted up ASAP on the website.

*** We also posted the scores on our company website, www.ar15targets.com The scores are posted in two different formats on both sites, PDF files broken into each day, and overall and then as an Excel 08 (new xlsx format as was pointed out) for anyone that happens to have the new office an wants them in an easy to search spreadsheet format. ***

Again thank you all for your support, we have learned a lot about a large match like this and I can only hope that ya'll still had fun even though it was completely different than what we expected! If we ever have the opportunity to hold another event of this caliber it will reflect both the good reviews and feedback we received from this event along with the learning experiences and criticism!

Edited by AR15TARGETS

I just got home from the match! Two days of flight cancellations is finally over!!

Thanks to all who ran the match. I hope the "growing pains" of running your first major match don't discourage you from doing it again. I still don't understand why high wind on Sunday caused 2 stages to be tossed. In any multi-day match the weather is never the same twice and we call take our chances. As you probably guessed I did well on those stages and was sad to see them out. Oh well...such is life.

Big thanks to the great RO's. They were friendly and profficient, and to the lady RO who told me that Cheeto dust and powdered sugar from donuts is a tasty combination...guess what I bought at the store tonight?

Squad 6 was a great group to shoot with on Saturday.

and finally kudos to my buddy Kurt Miller who went through the whole match withot forgetting my name or calling me the wrong one :cheers:

Overall I had a great time at the match!! I drove 8 hours and was a little disappointed that the night match was tossed along with several stages on Sunday. It was just too much match for one day. I didn't get to shoot any of the long range stages that attracted me, but the ones I shot were very challenging and I enjoyed them.

I think just a few small changes will help the match, such as carbon copies for score sheets and spread it over 2 days... Maybe 5 stages on Saturday and 3 on Sunday. The flow of the prize table seemed to drag out, putting me home at 4am.

I completely understand things will not always run smoothly the first time and I'll be more than willing to give this match another go.