Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

All right you 930 ponderers

kurtm

Long time lurker here and first time poster. I just bought a standard model 930 with a 26" barrel that I plan to have cut down just in front of the ports and rethreaded. It's good to see this gun is getting some attention from the 3 gun crowd since I've debated buying one for a long time. It was either this or a used 1100. I think Mossberg will really have a winner if they do it right. Heck, just offering a non-ported barrel would get them 90% of the way for most of the casual competitors.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

outerlimits,

Please post more details and price on the open Mossy. Also pics when you get it. I wondered how long it would take Benny before he did one in open.

Like JP, buy once, cry once. An open salient benelli would be $2,700-$2,800. A Saiga, close to $3,300. So i can get two open 930's for that coin. Besides, what's not to like about benny.

I like Benny. I cried once last spring when I sent off my M2 to him but I haven't cried since I got it back. It's a perfectly functioning Open Benelli and the recoil feels 100% better than stock. I might be willing to cry again over a Mossy. I like the gas operation because I like the felt recoil out of my Browning Gold, but I shot a 930 and thought it kicked more than my Benny Benelli. I'm sure Benny will work his magic on the Mossberg and tame it down. I have $3000 in my Benny Benelli and just wanted to see how the Mossberg compared in price and what mods were being performed on it. Thanks.