Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pics of slide or frame cuts on TS

TXMXRACER

I actually have read that thread. Very interesting.

I was lucky enough to get a cad drawing of the TS slide from someone on the forum to play around with. What do you guys think of my idea. I think this design would be pretty sweet! Think the spring tunnel is safe? I also included a pic of what I plan to do as far as cutting the frame down. Once all is said and done, you won't even be able to see the cut on the spring tunnel, very sleeper look!

post-33893-0-08706200-1386105234_thumb.j

post-33893-0-04362400-1386105249_thumb.j

I like the design, if you going to be doing the work your self you may want to cut the top of the slide then shoot it to see how you like the recoil impulse before cutting the spring tunnel. You can always cut more and can't put material back, especially on a pistol you can't find slides to purchase.

• 5 years later...
On 12/19/2012 at 5:02 PM, huskerlrrp said:

Hmmm, now I'm wishing I did something different! :angry2:

I modeled the slide up in Pro/Engineer CAD software and ran a few options looking at weight reduction and cosmetics. I started to do some Finite Element Anaysis on the slide with and without cuts but I wasn't sure if I was modeling the forces during lock and unlock so I just stayed away from making cuts near these areas.

If anyone is interested I could provide them with a STEP or IGES file of the slide.

cz_slide_assy-1.jpg

cz_inwork2.jpg

Cheely did the machining and now it's at CZ Custom for a bushing mod. Then more metal finishing work and a coat of Burnt Bronze or Ionbond Copper.

I'd be interested in the cad file for this.

On 3/14/2019 at 4:25 PM, huskerlrrp said:

Send me your e-mail address and I'll send it. Let me know what format you want. Also, if I don't respond, remind me in a week. Work / Life is hell at the moment  :)

smorell@gmail.com

Thanks