Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Surefire 60/100 Round Magazines

DyNo!

I have two that work fine when run unsuppressed, had not had any failures in the 500+ (unsuppressed) rounds I'd put through each so far. Once I put the can on, they each did the maraca transmogrification within 100 rounds. same malfunction with each - the follower became jammed with approx 15-20 rounds left in the magazine. Round gets pulled off the top, follower does not move up to "follow" the round stack, rounds remaining in the magazine do the lucy and ricki thing shaking all about.

had received a couple of new 60 rounders, decided I'd rather sell them off then try my luck. admittedly, running the rifle with a suppressor (M42000 and 762-SD) blows a lot more crap back down the magazine well (unspent rounds in the magazine look like you tumbled them in fireplace ashes). However, my Pmags run perfect suppressed or not, so not interested in having a magazine around with such tight tolerances that it can't function with the increased grime of running suppressed. end of novella...

:eatdrink:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I got one just today, from HKparts.net $94.95

the Follower drag near the top with just 4 rounds deep , = it was the metal lip insert needed a file job, removed the edges from the Follower too. It loads and unloads nice with the Lula.

It fits in side the Loki just fine with 60 rounds in it. my 2.230" to 2.235" worked fine after I smoothed out the inside (lip) that was at the insert connection.

OK a short range test with 120 + rounds 100% ground mag hard on a table & off hand & hung up on a roof slope -but the mag was just bumping.

I will try and set up some photos next week of what I did with the jewlers file

Most of the loads I tested were set up at 2.222 to 2.230 I was short on time to test any more, But I will run the mag next week at Best of the West

I bought a Surefire 60 about a month ago. I have put about 200 rounds through it, both fully loading the mag and partial loading. It's been 100% so far. Works monopodding too. I dropped it today, I hope it still works...

I have 2 60rd magazines. Each run perfectly and each has more than a thousand round through each. I have run them through matches, dropped them, monopoded them, etc. and still work great. I keep mine clean and slightly lubed during a match and break them down afterward/repeat the process. I have heard and watched the horror stories/videos so I know there are record instances where they have failed. One thing to mention is when I got them I took them apart and used a small model fine and smoothed out some areas where I thought it might hang up on to include the feed lips and follower.

I run Hornady 55gr FMJ-BT OAL to middle of cannuler (off the top of my head cant remember the actual OAL, 2.2???) and never had any issues feeding. Maybe I got an awsome batch, IDK, no one else at my mothly matches run any. Is there possibly a lemon ratio... maybe. This is just my experience.