Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CDNN has used LEO G22 (15 rnd) mags FS

Jman

Maybe it is just my bad luck but I ordered 10 from then six months ago. ! wasn't usable and three do not drop free like they should.

They run them on sale for about $10 or so once every few months. They usually have 9mm for $10 and .45 for $12 as well. Some of the used FML mags, in the first and second iteration, don't have the releif cuts on the top sides and so they don't drop when empty. You can however grind off some plastic and then smooth them up with sandpaper (I finish with 400 grit wet) and they will work great. Takes about 5 minutes if you have a good cutter on that dremel. There can be flash on the sides as well. The last batch of 4 I bought had 2 of the newer ones with the releif and 2 that were older without.

I think every LE trade-in I have came with #5s. Does not bother me at all, especially if I am building Limited hi-cps and replacing everything but the body. A LOT cheaper this way.

When I google glock Magazine rebuild kit I just get stuff on getting around Kali laws. Do you order your springs and followers separately or as a kit? Also were is a good place to get them?

Some of the used FML mags, in the first and second iteration, don't have the releif cuts on the top sides and so they don't drop when empty. You can however grind off some plastic and then smooth them up with sandpaper (I finish with 400 grit wet) and they will work great. Takes about 5 minutes if you have a good cutter on that dremel. There can be flash on the sides as well. The last batch of 4 I bought had 2 of the newer ones with the releif and 2 that were older without.

Took me longer than 5 minutes but I got one to start to drop free. Now I just have to buy some sandpaper.

Thanks....

mike

where are you grinding/sanding

Sorry, I figured there was something here on Enos, but I searched and could not find it...

The first photo, "3MagsGrind", shows a new style mag on the left, an older FML mag in the middle and a ground FML mag on the right. Photo "NewMag" shows a cross view of the newer style. Photo "GrindDetail" shows kind of a before and after. It is just the top foward triangle area (on both sides) that needs to be shaved or ground off. I also take wet sandpaper and smooth off all the flash along the mold lines and round off the sharp edges on the mag release cut-out (ever so slight). I've used an end mill on some, but this is one of my first ones from about 10 years ago where I acutally used a dremel and sandpaper just to see if it would work, it does! The idea is to narrow the top of the magazine body above the mag release cut-out. You only need about 1/8" on either side. Try to keep the cut smooth and angled using the "new" style for a template. The newest Glock mags have a slightly different bevel, but these are easier to copy. I hope the pictures help. If not, drop me a note.

I little dremel action and sandpaper on #5 followers also gets you 20 instead of 19 provided you have properly sized cases.

post-6388-075376000 1291474272_thumb.jpg

post-6388-004437300 1291474294_thumb.jpg

post-6388-092120600 1291474308_thumb.jpg

Got them today. #5 followers. VERY lightly used. All drop free and lock back on empty.

Plus decent free Winchester shooting glasses, Chinese/Swiss Army knife mellow.gif and two

tactical operator roflol.gifblack nylon Glock mag pouches. $54.00 delivered. CDNN always

sends these little surprises with their orders.

DSC00676.jpg

Got them today. #5 followers. VERY lightly used. All drop free and lock back on empty.

Plus decent free Winchester shooting glasses, Chinese/Swiss Army knife mellow.gif and two

tactical operator black nylon Glock mag pouches. $54.00 delivered. CDNN always

sends these little surprises with their orders.

Score!

Edited by MarkCO