Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

In match cleaning with Bullseye?

leam

Morning all!

I'm going to try and make my first Revo match with the Tallahassee folks in a couple weeks. The only powder and lead I have is Bullseye and soft lead. Am I going to need to make cleaning time during the match? I've heard rumors about cylinders getting gummed up and stuff but haven't put 200 rounds straight through her yet.

Thanks!

Leam

My experience with bullseye is that it leaves tons of soft black soot that wipes right off. I'd plan on giving the a cylinder a 15 second dry brushing with a oversize copper brush or a stainless brush, plus a quick brush under the extractor. I also chamber check everything the night before, but that may be a little retentive. Good luck, have fun!

Get yourself a .375 rifle brass brushs to scrub out those cylinders between stages. Only takes a few swipes. I run the brush through each cylinder six times and then push open the star and run the brush under the star to clean out any junk there.

Leam I use a 375 rifle stainless steel brush. Once through each cylinder is all that is needed for the chambers and check underneath the ejector. I'd use it after each stage even though you may not need to. Good luck later rdd

The stainless brushes sure work better! The ones I have are marked for .357 chambers. Likely the same thing as .375 rifle. I wouldn't ever run one through a barrel, or reverse direction with it inside the gun.

• 2 weeks later...