Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Huge Props to Accurate Iron!

pranavdc

I want to Thank Mike Cyrwus of Accurate Iron for the work he did on my Glock 22! I sent it to Mike for his scalloped stippling and the Production legal magwell alteration and extended mag release. I didn't give him but 2 weeks to get it done before my first IPSC match. He delivered on time and MAN did he do one hell of a job! The stippling is unbelievable as is the magwell! It proved to be not only eye appealing but very functional. It was a cold start to the day today and with cold hands it was rock solid! The work on the magwell proved itself in every stage, and every mag swap my novice and nervous hands it performed flawlessly! I will post some pics when I can but if you are shooting a Glock and don't like skateboard tape on your grips look up Mike!!!! Lots of people today asked where and who did the work!! It is truely a piece of art!! Thanks again Mike!!! I will also thank Jesse T for posting his Glocks pics, it was his pictures that introduced me to his fine work!

Cheers!

I was under the impression that grip work other grip tape was not Production legal in USPSA? Maybe my rule book is out of date

As long as its in the right spot you are OK with stippling just like grip tape. The internal magwell is internal so it flies too. The beaertail or undercut trigger guard is not legal in production.

I want to Thank Mike Cyrwus of Accurate Iron for the work he did on my Glock 22! I sent it to Mike for his scalloped stippling and the Production legal magwell alteration and extended mag release. I didn't give him but 2 weeks to get it done before my first IPSC match. He delivered on time and MAN did he do one hell of a job! The stippling is unbelievable as is the magwell! It proved to be not only eye appealing but very functional. It was a cold start to the day today and with cold hands it was rock solid! The work on the magwell proved itself in every stage, and every mag swap my novice and nervous hands it performed flawlessly! I will post some pics when I can but if you are shooting a Glock and don't like skateboard tape on your grips look up Mike!!!! Lots of people today asked where and who did the work!! It is truely a piece of art!! Thanks again Mike!!! I will also thank Jesse T for posting his Glocks pics, it was his pictures that introduced me to his fine work!

Cheers!

Mike is working on my 34 right now and I can't wait to see the results: Trigger, internal magwell, sights and stippling. I was also introduced to Mike's work after seeing the pics of the work down on Jesse T's glocks.

:cheers:

Edited by alpha-charlie

• 2 weeks later...

I was under the impression that grip work other grip tape was not Production legal in USPSA? Maybe my rule book is out of date

As long as its in the right spot you are OK with stippling just like grip tape. The internal magwell is internal so it flies too. The beaertail or undercut trigger guard is not legal in production.

I wonder if you could get away with the internal magwell in IDPA SSP?

I just went a reread the rules. It states specifically that you can put a plug to fill in the hole in the back if the pistol grip which I can only assume it's reffering to a glock. All you sre doing is filling in that home nsck there with a conveniently shapped tapered amd smoothed piece of polymer. The gun will actually weigh a little less afterwards si the seatle slug arguement falls off too. But then it says you can stipple the grips. So who knows with IDPA's rules. I would guess they would allow it because it is simply a modification RO make the gun faster to reload and they don't want equipment races in IDPA.