Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Match this Sunday 11/21/10 in Liberty Hill, TX

I have not posted announcements for these matches here because most of this crowd will get announcements on TXIPSC. But just in case....

This Sunday we’re hosting a 3 gun match at the Best of the West range in Liberty Hill, TX. This is the range where the Texas Multi-Gun Championship will be.

5 to 6 stages. Approximate round counts: Rifle 100 rounds, Shotgun 40 Birdshot and 3 shotgun slugs, Pistol 75 rounds.

Setup starts on Saturday afternoon at about 3pm and resumes Sunday morning at 8am. Signup 9:00am, hammer down 10:00am.

Come on down (or up) and have a pre-turkey-day blast.

Lee

Edit: Ammo count and setup time

Edited by lmccrock

Is there an airport around there someone could pick me up at? I'll fly over.

Airline or general aviation?

Airline would be Austin-Bergstrom International (AUS) and I drive by on the way. General - not sure, others would have to say, but Burnet and Georgetown have municipal airports.

Lee

Is there an airport around there someone could pick me up at? I'll fly over.

Airline or general aviation?

Airline would be Austin-Bergstrom International (AUS) and I drive by on the way. General - not sure, others would have to say, but Burnet and Georgetown have municipal airports.

Lee

General, I got a Piper Cherokee here in town, it would be a good little hop to do. If someone is going from a nearby town with a small airstrip, and would be Gracious enough to give a fellow shooter a ride to the match, and back, then I'd promise to be on time! ;)

Hey Kyle I sent you a PM , I am driving up from San Antonio with a buddy. so our arival time will be hard to control. =He like to leave late so that I have to speed to get to the match in time.

any way Look at the range website map just East of the range ' Kitty Hill Air Port' it looks like that air port is just 1o miles away.

Will miss this one unfortunately - probably my last chance to shoot a match before Benning.

Ya'll guys have fun! :cheers:

Shame...Was lookin forward to shooting with ya Doug.

Jamie, look forward to shooting with you again.

Some of the Baylor guys actually decided they wanted to accompany me on the drive down this time haha...we'll see you all out there.

you staying overnite locally or flying in the day of the match?

It would be the day of, but it's looking like drizzle/fog/clouds in the forecast, so I'll go ahead an scrub it.

As we say in aviation, "Better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, rather than in the air wishing you were on the ground!"

I appreciate the offers though. Maybe I could give someone a ride sometime :cheers:

I'm doing my instrument training, but am currently vfr only. It would be a stretch for me anyway though. If I fly somewhere more than two hours away I prefer to stay overnight. I did a 2.5 hour and back one day, and was whipped, and I didn't even shoot a match in between. If conditions were optimal, i'd try for it, but.........

You guys have fun tomorrow

Great Match Today Sheldon!

I know you were a bit down on it because of the wind, but everything was fun and well done.

Cheers,

Kyle

I think it has more to do with him winning the Free entry , Luck is good

So How Strong Were the Gust? ="Well I will tell Ya" = The Gust were so strong my hat got blown off when I was prone shooting.

No not Realy

Edited by AlamoShooter

The gust were so strong that when I stopped shooting , I did not have the same shirt on as when I started shooting.

The wind was so strong .....no one commented on me smelling bad, just that my shooting stunk

Wish I could have made it out today - sounds like a challenging match, especially with the gusting wind. Aside from long range, I can see where it might play havoc with thrown clays.

Anyone have results or video - maybe I can live vicariously?

ETA: Never mind - results are out same day (as usual - thanks Sheldon). Lots of folks are today's match who I would have liked to shoot with.

Edited by Fullauto_Shooter

The match was setup with aerial clays, but they were removed before we started, otherwise would have made for some cool video. There was some video shot on my squad, and they usually post it, but maybe on the ARFcom thread, although not as of yet.

Some of us had scores so bad we did not make the list. My rifle took a dump and I did not shoot a couple stages, but still. :wacko: I'll poke Sheldon; need to ask him something anyway.

Lee

The gust were so strong that when I stopped shooting , I did not have the same shirt on as when I started shooting.

The wind was so strong .....no one commented on me smelling bad, just that my shooting stunk

Wish I could have made it out today - sounds like a challenging match, especially with the gusting wind. Aside from long range, I can see where it might play havoc with thrown clays.

Anyone have results or video - maybe I can live vicariously?

ETA: Never mind - results are out same day (as usual - thanks Sheldon). Lots of folks are today's match who I would have liked to shoot with.

My video is up here Doug....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVowEWPOsZM

and Jamie....i didn't want to say anything about the smell, thought it woulda been a little rude.

Great Match Today Sheldon!

I know you were a bit down on it because of the wind, but everything was fun and well done.

Cheers,

Kyle

+1

Couldn't do anything about those crazy gusts, but it was a blast as usual none the less!

I too, agree. Awesome job!

Need to also thank my squad for their patience with the newbie (me!) You guys rock!! :cheers:

Sherry

Edited by sdwilliams