GhostInc Rocket 3.5 lb Trigger

Glockworx ZEV Tech Titanium Firing Pin Safety

KKM Precision Glock 35 357 SIG Drop-in w/ 4 Port Comp

Lone Wolf G35 slide

"Melt In" milled for Trijicon RMR

Forward Mount

Taylor Freelance GOLD ADVANTAGE Glock +5 floorplate w/Spring x2

Prezine Magwell

I bought enough parts from LWD so that I have two complete slides. I can now shoot Open with the LWD slide and RMR and Limited or Production sans magwell with my stock Glock 35 slide. That's why I only order the +5 Taylor Freelance floorplates. Later I hope to get the +8's and maybe a Dawson ICE magwell. I have Dawson sights on the G35 slide and will probably put the same on the LWD Open slide as backups but for now I'm out of money. LoL!

5179259725_72f1d63f37_z.jpg

5179260197_a5923ddcf9_z.jpg

5179259977_ff40a3ebb6_z.jpg

5179862744_dfbc199321_z.jpg

The only problem I think is with the forward mount, I wanted this for the longer sight picture, the cut extends into the firing pin safety plunger tube spring thingy area sorta, did that make sense? :blink:

5180042303_a34350aa67_z.jpg

5180642288_d1a20b4102_z.jpg

Edited by Wildkow

Looks nice. How does it shoot and how do you like the sight?

It seems to shoot nice my XL650 is set to reload 3,000+ 55gr .223/5.56 from Montana Gold that I just got at the moment.

So the only thing I've had a chance to shoot through it is about 40 rounds of Speer GD 357 SIG 125gr GDHP.

After that the RMR went out so I have to tap it to turn it back on, Trijicon said either the battery tabs were

flattened or the battery is perhaps jarring loose due to gap between batt and the bottom of the slide.

Easy fix I'll let you know later. Check the mount I don't know if I'm happy with the exposed trigger safety

spring or the squared mount instead of a shaped mount that fits the curved front of the RMR.

I see what you your talking about on the mount. It would make for a cleaner install if the cut fit the contour of the sight, and might not get into the plunger spring hole. Looks like it sets the dot very low and leaves your sight dovetail if you want to add a slide racker. I've been thinking about putting a dot on my G35 and playing in open for a while. Looks like it would be fun.

• 4 weeks later...

Wildkow,

Please check your email.

thanks,

Keith

Hi Keith

Got the email hope you don't mind me answering your questions here, I'd also send it via email but I can't seem to find out what it is as your email

cane though the brianenos.com servers.

Ok the last thing on my list was a magwell and I went with a cheaper plastic one that required a fair bit of

modification in order that the taylor freelance brass +5 floor plate didn't stick. Since it was plastic no big deal just

some elbow grease and time.

I competed last Sunday in an IPSC/USPSA match and I was please with the results. Except don't try shooting competition without loctite on the threads

holding the RMR onto the slide, don't ask me how I know this. :rolleyes: I was shooting open major and my load was

Montana Gold 357 SIG 125gr flat points, various brass, Federal small pistol magnum primers. 9gr HS6, (not the best powder)

but it got me a ten shot average of 1344 fps, Standard Deviation of 23.2. Hi = 1379 Lo=130 and the Power Factor was just a smidge over 168.

The recoil seemed quite manageable but one of the guys who has been competing and reloading for 20+ years mention that I shouldn't be afraid

to go a couple of tenths of grains in order to make sure I don't straddle the line and get DQ'd if I ever have my rounds chrono'd. Some of them were

below the 165 PF required. His reasoning, which sounded plausible to me was that a brake needs a certain amount of gas to actuate the brake and

make it perform to the best of it's abilities. He suggested a good way to test it was by stand approx twenty feet from a paper target and shoot two quick

shots and then measuring the group.

Any more questions let me know!

Edited by Wildkow

Thanks for the detailed info!

Could you "estimate" the muzzle flip/recoil reduction by using the comp'ed barrel vs. the stock barrel. I know this is subjective......

thanks for your time,

Keith

I'm guessing minimal but if'n your not in a hurry I'm heading back to the range over the weekend and try a few things related to that and I'll report back next week.

I have a G17 with a STS sitting on the slide right now. I have been thinking about having it melted in but I wanted to make sure the sight was the one I wanted before making any holes. I bought the fiber optic RMR for my AR15 and I think I want one of those instead of the STS because it's larger and seems more robust and it doesn't need batteries. Then Leupold comes out with the delta point so now I gotta try one of those.

have you tried the dot on top of the slide previously to this melt job? IF so what are your thoughts as far as ease of finding the dot? I shoot a lot of limited and I have to adjust just a little to find the dot when it on the slide. I figured a melt would fix that?

Thanks for the detailed info!

Could you "estimate" the muzzle flip/recoil reduction by using the comp'ed barrel vs. the stock barrel. I know this is subjective......

thanks for your time,

Keith

I'm guessing minimal but if'n your not in a hurry I'm heading back to the range over the weekend and try a few things related to that and I'll report back next week.

Are you saying the "REDUCTION" is minimal or the RECOIL is minimal? If you are saying the REDUCTION is minimal what would be the advantage of having it?

I look forward to hearing about your range report.

thanks,

Keith

Haven't forgotten you guys but it's been raining like crazy here and the only day

in the ten day forecast that looks like it may clear is this Thursday.

Which just so happens to be the only day of the week the range is closed.

But the forecast changes quite often and I'll keep and eye on it and report asap.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I had Glockworx melt an RMR into the slide of my Glock 17 Open gun. It is much lower and bigger than the STS sitting in a dovetail mount. I need to get some pictures for you. It will alos make a great home defense gun since its always on. My father-in-law is a new competitin shooter and his 58 year yougn eyes don't see sights so well. He took one look at mine then shot a match with his iron sights again and told me to order him an RMR ASAP.

• 1 month later...

My Glock 34 is now very similar to this G35. Well, this thread inspired me.

Still tuning, it didn't work with the KKM + Comp and standard Magtech 9B... :(

Hence no comp on the picture.

Love the sight and the trigger kit.

Open-34-Glock-2.jpg

Glock34-Gen4-FAB-10.JPG

Edited by 3-Gun Sweden

My Glock 34 is now very similar to this G35. Well, this thread inspired me.

Still tuning, it didn't work with the KKM + Comp and standard Magtech 9B... :(

Hence no comp on the picture.

Love the sight and the trigger kit.

Open-34-Glock-2.jpg

Glock34-Gen4-FAB-10.JPG

You gotta shave some serious weight off the slide to get a slide ride dot upper to run on factory ammo.

Tell me more about that slide racket you have on the back of that gun please.

Thanks! The trial has begun...I hope I only have to change springs. (??)

The slide racket is FAB Defense. "FCH Glock Cocking Handle"

http://www.fab-defense.com/en/category-parts-and-upgrades/id-48/glock-cocking-handle.html

Got it here, but I'm sure you can source it locally

http://www.gunrack.de/shopware.php/Glock-Zubehoer/Innenleben/FAB-Slide-Racker?c=165

Glock34-Gen4-FAB-2.JPG

Glock34-Gen4-FAB-3.JPG

Edited by 3-Gun Sweden

• 2 weeks later...

You are running the blue glockworks spring with the threaded barrel and comp and minor ammo with no problems?

Facts, just in case we've missed something:

Glock G34 Gen 4

KKM Precision barrel with comp

Glockworx blue spring, 12 lbs.

+

Magtech 9B, should be minor

=

Works! Shot perhaps 150 bullets, ni hick-ups.

Tried a stronger, home made load, as well and no problems.

Soon is probably the right time to start my own project thread here, sorry for hijacking this one.

EDIT: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=132423

Glock-OPEN-2011-2-KKM-2.JPG

Glock-OPEN-2011-2-KKM-13.JPG

Edited by 3-Gun Sweden

• 1 month later...