Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G35 w/Trijicon RMR

Wildkow

Try Amazon.com $29.95

http://www.amazon.com/ATI-Tactical-Reloading-Cocking-Charging/dp/B004KM1WT2

310mURUQiML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I've been having a few problems getting my RMR to stay on.

Seems if you tighten too much the sight shorts out, when I back it off a wee bit it works fine.

But that wee bit makes me think it'll come loose so I put red locktite on it.

It didn't seem to me to be too tight, this is the second time, after I sent it in to Trijicon.

What is Trijicon doing to your RMR? And did Lone Wolf do the slide milling?

I've been wanting to put together a open top Glock 34, it'll go on my Glock 35 set-up for Limited but want to start shooting Steel Challenge Open. Have you used a STS and Deltapoint before? Too many options.

What is Trijicon doing to your RMR? And did Lone Wolf do the slide milling?

I've been wanting to put together a open top Glock 34, it'll go on my Glock 35 set-up for Limited but want to start shooting Steel Challenge Open. Have you used a STS and Deltapoint before? Too many options.

Sorry for slacking on this. Here's the deal so far. Got the 1st RMR Dual Lumi from Mounting Solution's. DOA, sent it back for a RMR RM02 8 MOA red dot, DOA. Don't know what the deal is with Mounting Solutions, good prices, good/friendly service, WTF? Are they buying warranty returns or something? Any how finally got a RMR RM02 that worked, DON"T TURN THE RETICLE ADJUSTMENT TO FAR WITH THE SIGHT UNMOUNTED!!! How do I know this, don't ask. :rolleyes: How do you know what's too far? I don't know, by the time I figured that out I had turned it too far. By doing so I pushed the bottom of the adjustment screw out and I had to futz with it to get it back in. After that the gears would sometimes slip afterwards when I was trying to zero it.

Bought and had the first Lone Wolf slide milled at LW, $125.00 but if you look back at my pictures and several of the posts around # 3 or 4 you can see that I didn't think much of their milling. I sent it back, they wouldn't change their milling procedure so I asked them to exchange the slide for a new unmilled slide. Which Lone Wolf did and returned my $125.00 charge for the milling. Thank you Lone Wolf! I'll be back.

I sent the new slide into Glockworx. The milling cost $165.00 but much nicer fit, (curve front, tight tolerances, and raised screw hole post to lock the RMR down tight!

That just leaves the problems with the RMR, :unsure: not to sure I'm that thrilled with the RMR yet. At first, it kept winking out, Trijicon made a suggestion to manually bend the battery tabs for better contact. It still gave me trouble, winking on and off. Sent it in and Trijicon replaced the internals and I think the gear's because no mo problem with skipping while adjusting the reticle. Fairly quick service and friendly people.

After getting it back, I put a Lone Wolf .40 S&W barrel with Nickel compensator on it. About 500 shots later, in the middle of a competition :angry2: it winked out again this time no tapping or adjusting the tightness of the mounting screws seemed to work. It was dead. Another call to Trijicon, they suggested I tape the area under the RMR to prevent shorting the battery, :surprise: Oh joy, I have to do addition modifications to my $450 sight just to get it to work? :rolleyes:

Called Trij back the next day after unmounting the sight and finding it was dead, explained that I didn't like this sight anymore and would/could they exchange it for the Dual Illumination? Nope. OK how about a RAN number so I can send it back in for repair ASAP as I have another competition coming up soon. Sure no problem get online and do it yourself, grrrrrr, a little over a day later and I get a RAN number via email.

After that I asked Jimmy the Service Supervisor how long it would take to repair. He said they probably wouldn't repair but just send me out a new one since this one had been in twice already! OK, that's sweet, but if thats the case why couldn't they exchange it for the Dual Illumination? I'd pay the difference if any. Nope. Oh what the hell, finally, what if I give trij the tracking number and my credit card number and they could cross ship me the new one now and I'd be ready for competition this sunday? Nope. :angry2: <rant off> I'm done for now. Oh BTW when it works I really like it!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, after raising a bit of a fuss Trijicon has decided to allow me to have the Dual Illuminated version, But now I'm stuck on which reticle to get the 7 MOA amber dot or the 12.9 MOA amber triangle. lsr1238 hit the nail on the head with the "too many options" comment.

Edited by Wildkow

I have a 9 MOA dot which I bought used after being told it was the 7. My father-in-law liked my setup so much he gave me his Glock and a credit card and said make it happen. I ordered the 7 MOA dot model and I was like Sheeeiiit! Mine is too damn big now. So long story short I'd get the 7moa dot.

Try Amazon.com $29.95

http://www.amazon.com/ATI-Tactical-Reloading-Cocking-Charging/dp/B004KM1WT2

310mURUQiML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I've been having a few problems getting my RMR to stay on.

Seems if you tighten too much the sight shorts out, when I back it off a wee bit it works fine.

But that wee bit makes me think it'll come loose so I put red locktite on it.

It didn't seem to me to be too tight, this is the second time, after I sent it in to Trijicon.

BTW that slide racket is nice! Heck of a lot better deal that a slide cut dovetail setup as well. Thanks for the heads up!

• 2 weeks later...

I've walked into a big pile of doo putting this together. <_< Trijicon, IMHO, has tripped over they're two left feet, read my posts above to get up to speed. Last Friday the RMR RM08, a Dual Illuminated 12.9 MOA amber triangle made it to my door. Trij sent it over night, :cheers: But Trij in their hurry to get this to me before the competition on Sunday didn't do a through QC/inspection and once again I got a defective unit. It's not a big deal and it can still be shot but the bottom right hand corner of the triangle is either missing or distorted. OK, so what right? But dang it, if it starts out defective it ain't going to get better and with the way my luck has been the rest of the triangle will probably distort or disappear altogether.

That's not all! The cool little charging handle was also defective, at least that's my best guess. The fit was a bit off or just plain sloppy and it slide down enough to block the slide from completely sliding forward and chambering a round! "Click!" Scratch one stage. SO IF you order one make sure it fits snug and slides into the groove completely. :angry2:

Trij sent another RAN number I'll be sending this one back soon. At least their customer service seems to be somewhat on the ball.

That's not all! The cool little charging handle was also defective, at least that's my best guess. The fit was a bit off or just plain sloppy and it slide down enough to block the slide from completely sliding forward and chambering a round! "Click!" Scratch one stage. SO IF you order one make sure it fits snug and slides into the groove completely. :angry2:

I just installed mine a few days ago. Had to really tap it into place, so maybe you had a dud...

Thanks for that heads up though as I haven't shot with it yet.

when it rains...sorry for all your issues.

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed mine a few days ago. Had to really tap it into place, so maybe you had a dud...

Thanks for that heads up though as I haven't shot with it yet.

when it rains...sorry for all your issues.

Just got back from Cabo the fishing was good but I didn't put many on the boat and just like taking my wife to the range she won't be going with me fishing much anymore! That little asian girl can fish! <_<

Thanks for the heads up on a firm tap needed to set the slide racker. I'll try that next.

Just picked up a CR Speed WSM 2 holster and Super Hi-Torque belt. Can't wait, once again, to get all my stuff back so I can try them out.

I did like the 12.9 MOA amber triangle especially on partially covered targets and long range shots.

At medium range I just put the whole triangle on the A zone and squeeze.

p.s. I have a fairly large hand with skinny fingers. As such when I grip my G35 I only have a grip on the front strap with my fingers and the back strap with the bottom portion of the palm of my hand and thumb, just under my knuckles and about a 1.5-2 inches down does not contact the grip at all. Any suggestions?

Edited by Wildkow