Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ar trigger for tactical & 3 gun

tk4

Put a JP in. With the heavy (red) springs you have an ultra reliable 4lb trigger that will light any ammo and still give you a great trigger pull.

If you wanted to you could easily change to the yellow springs for that 3lb pull when shooting 3 gun.

The other options are the POF triger and Wilson Trigger.

Put a JP in. With the heavy (red) springs you have an ultra reliable 4lb trigger that will light any ammo and still give you a great trigger pull.

If you wanted to you could easily change to the yellow springs for that 3lb pull when shooting 3 gun.

The JP Tactical set up would treat you well. You wouldn't "need" to change the springs for a match as the red one will still be much lighter then a stock mil-spec.

The new Geiselle 3 gun trigger is pretty nice, not as short as my JP w/light springs but very crisp single stage break and short but positive reset. I would estimate break at or under 3.5 lbs, out of the box, no tweaking w/springs, etc.. It's non adjustable but seems Geiselle triggers have the reputation for being super reliable. Ex. DMR and SSF triggers in use by military.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Geissele-AR15-Super-3-Gun-Trigger-p/geissele%20s3g%20trigger%20spin.htm

I have JPs in everything except 1 that has a POF modular that came with the lower. I do have the Tactical version of the JP in one of my 16" rifles. It is very good and reliable. I won't install anything else.

Edited by MarkCO

The other options are the POF triger and Wilson Trigger.

Any idea if those red springs will set off Beridian primed 5.45x39 Russian/Romanian Surplus ammo? I want to upgrade my S&W M&P15R trigger but its gotta hit a little harder for that cheap ammo. I tried my standard JP with the yellow springs and it make no boom boom.