Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thieves

Canuck223

So a few months ago, I began noticing change missing from the armrest stash of my van while parked at home. Dummy me for not locking it more regularly. I suspected one of my eight year old boys might be helping himself, but he denied it. I began locking my car, and my suspicion move to the POS up the street.

Nope, turns out my first hunch was right. Kind of suspicious when your kid hasn't earned his allowance in a few months, but mom finds cash in his backpack.

Two of my kids did the same thing at about the same age

A couple of weekends spent pulling weeds changed their attitude about taking things that did not belong to them :roflol:

These things do pass...we all learned our lessons one way or another :rolleyes:

Best wishes...Jim

Sit down with your son and have a heart to heart with him as to why he felt he could just take the money. Put a number on the amount of change you feel was taken. Make the amount a bit higher than you think it really was. Then put the boy on a work program to pay the money back. What ever you do don't wimp out. He has to learn that actions have consequences even with dad. Tough love.

Probably preaching to the choir.

Pat

Sit down with your son and have a heart to heart with him as to why he felt he could just take the money. Put a number on the amount of change you feel was taken. Make the amount a bit higher than you think it really was. Then put the boy on a work program to pay the money back. What ever you do don't wimp out. He has to learn that actions have consequences even with dad. Tough love.

Probably preaching to the choir.

Pat

Maybe Pat but this is square on. Remember though, that your keeping up on his fulfillment is your payment too as a parent.I see too many parents not supervise the paybcack well enough and just confirm to the kid that they too are just easy marks. Turns kids into monsters.

JZ