Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 MGM Ironman

Don't think anyone will really miss 4A anyway. Plenty of fun in the other 10 stages. Although it would have been fun watching to see who could flip the spinner at 100 yards the quickest with a 55 grain bullet too. That would have been a good stage to harvest some 5.56 brass. :roflol:

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be my tenth year as a RO and shooter at the ironman. I have been the stage 3 RO for years now. I am thinking a be.com member Bbq or social would be cool.

What do you guys think?

Aaron

Sounds like a good idea. Food is always fun at the range. Bring plenty of Texas Pete sauce!! Be sure to get the BBQ from the swamp region of N.C. That's where real BBQ comes from. Might have to have it sent overnight air. And thank you for you RO dedication on Stage 3. Stage 3 is always an intense stage that requires really good concentration from shooter and RO, and this year is no exception. I know the guy that draws the stages for Travis, and Stage 3 this year will require plenty of ammo for all 3 guns.

:bow:

Don't worry. You'll still get your chance on the spinner at 115y with a rifle. :)

FYI it can be done at 100y with 55 gr bullets in 8 rounds in about 16 seconds offhand with iron sights from low ready. But I did have a couple misses.

Adios

TG

Don't worry. You'll still get your chance on the spinner at 115y with a rifle. :)

FYI it can be done at 100y with 55 gr bullets in 8 rounds in about 16 seconds offhand with iron sights from low ready. But I did have a couple misses.

Adios

TG

I flipped it a couple of years ago with two shots from a .308 and a 175 grain Bull-yet

B)

Adios

TG

I flipped it a couple of years ago with two shots from a .308 and a 175 grain Bull-yet

B)

A couple of Misses? Misses is the title of several female type persons in the deep south that is in between getting married for the third or fourth time. The word MISS is a really bad four letter word that can't be used at a match. That's why I only bring the exact amount of ammo I will need, + a box full of spares in case of bad primers or loosing it while doing cart wheels on the stage, or something like that! You can never have to much "spare" ammo.

:roflol:

This will be my tenth year as a RO and shooter at the ironman. I have been the stage 3 RO for years now. I am thinking a be.com member Bbq or social would be cool.

What do you guys think?

Aaron

Are you buying the first round?

I am sure something can be arranged. You like apple juice, right?

What mixes with apple juice?

Adios

TG

I don't know but that seems a little long. ;)

You might have to step it up to keep up. :roflol:

What do you guys think?

Aaron

I'm in!!! If your thinking of doing it at the range my BBQ will be set up next to my trailer all week & I may have some Apple Juice to bring also.

Good job setting this up Aaron.

See Ya soon,

Earl

Edited by A well Earled machine

What do you guys think?

Aaron

Are you buying the first round?

I am sure something can be arranged. You like apple juice, right?

What mixes with apple juice?

I love apple juice, so long as it has been aging for at least 10 years. Then it's called apple brandy. Then you don't need to mix it, it's ready to go. I'd bring some good 'ol home made moon shine, but the airlines would consider it a hazardous substance. Not even allowed in checked baggage. Don't drink that stuff near an open flame. You could blow yourself up. Maybe I could send it ahead on the UPS wagon. U(usually)P(pretty)S(slow) wagon. :roflol:

Chuck, did you jot read the information in the registration package? It goes into great detail how gulible people on BE can be...... Did you think that I could get Smitty to go to a match where there was no beer? Good grief! It was a joke.

:cheers:

Parma is located in a dry county. It is a crime to posses alcohol of any kind.

That's fine with me, as I don't drink anyway, other than good cold water, or diet something. That bit about the apple brandy and moon shine was just for fun. Drunks cause to much trouble in society anyway, second only to the druggies, and they probably only need to go to the next county over to find it. You're right, Parma, ID is a "DRY" county. I guess that's where the term "Parma Powder" came from. Heavy rain there at anytime of day is bone dry in one hour. Don't drop your guns in that stuff. Two weeks of heavy cleaning to get it out. B)

Going from memory here but...shotgun slung rifle hot port arms and pistol hot and holstered? Yes. You'll need a sling on this and maybe one or two more stages.

Adios

TG

Stage 6 says to start with empty shotgun slung. I just figured I was going to have to round up a sling for my shotty....

Yes, no?

The best rule of thumb for this match is to bring EVERYTHING you've got for multi-gun matches. It's better to have it and not need it, & you know the rest of that line. After shooting this match myself, I'm glad I had slings for both my shotgun and rife. You can always remove it if not needed, then put it back on. And it won't be a bad idea to put some sort of small bungee cord on your pistol to keep it from flying over Parma Powder Hill to parts unknown. You know what happens when your pistol goes flying in the air. Long trip home with a crying towel wrapped around your face. You cannot be over equipped for this match. In the for what it's worth department, the fastest way to make the spinners spin for the ones you're allowed to use a shotgun on , is to use Federals 9 Pellet 00 buckshot with the flight control wads in them. (Part # 00132) With a modified choke at 30 yards I think all 9 pellets hit the plate at once. Only takes 3 or 4 good hits with that load for it to spin. You might want to spend the rest of this week doing wind sprints up and down any hill you can find. When you get done with most of these stages, you'll be dragging your butt behind you if you get to Parma not in decent shape. Bring sunscreen too: SPF 40 is about right. And drink plenty of water. No humidity in Parma, you'll dry out and not know it. :D

60 second penalty. Who would start a crazy roumor like 45 seconds? That's just silly.

Adios

TG

Per the FAQ

Do we have to rotate the double swinger?

Yes, the Double Swinger must rotate to score. It doesn't matter what you are shooting 9mm, .45, 12 gauge, it MUST rotate to score. If you do not rotate the swinger, the penalty is 45 seconds. So practice!

I would guess that might have started the rumor.

I also have a question on the rules; do bonus targets have to be engaged or is there a penalty for FTE on bonus targets?