Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650 w/out casefeeder

If you were to by a XL650 right now... in the grand scheme of things the casefeeder with the needed shellplate is an extra $212.95!!!

The new Blue press is out, price increases are on the way... plus if you order the casefeeder with a press you get the whole thing shipped FREE.

I agree... XL650 without a case feeder... just silly.

If you were to by a XL650 right now... in the grand scheme of things the casefeeder with the needed shellplate is an extra $212.95!!!

The new Blue press is out, price increases are on the way... plus if you order the casefeeder with a press you get the whole thing shipped FREE.

I agree... XL650 without a case feeder... just silly.

Mitch is the man and i agree as stated before.

• 4 months later...

I plan on adding the casefeeder later.

However:

1. It does auto index whether it is truly a speed advantage or not.

2. It is upgradeable in the future

3. I don't have to keep my head moving from the left side to the right side of the press.

4. I don't have to take my hand off the handle for 20 rounds at a time.

5. After 20 rounds, I can do a powder level check, primer level check, quality check and then just drop another 20 in the tube.

6. It might also look better to a spouse not to drop another 200 plus on the initial outlay. Or maybe it might look better to me! :)

I am pretty sure about I will have one before 2011...

Thanks to all

Well I'm pretty new to this, but what planenut says makes sense. The price difference between the 550B and 650 (without casefeeder) is pretty minimal, and for that you get auto indexing, a 5th station, and the OPTION to add a casefeeder. And, I've never even loaded on a 650 so this may not be accurate, but from the videos I've seen I believe it would be easier to visually check powder levels. Bullet seating on a 650 seems to be at 7 o'clock as opposed to 10 o'clock on the 550.

I would also add that I think I'm capable of making my own case feeder, as long as the case inserter already exists (like on the 650). I have a 0% chance of fabricating all of the parts needed to case feed a 550.

-StaTiK-

Statik,

If you do make your own casefeeder I'd like to see it. (already have one so just curious) I think it is one of those easy looking devices that would be hell to get just right in a diy project.

Hello: A casefeeder and a Mr Bulletfeeder are a must if you load alot or just like to watch the brass fall into place and the bullet magically appear :surprise: I got my Mr Bullet feeder from Power Factor. Sean is great to deal with :cheers: Thanks, Eric