Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

My wife read the book, wanted to see the movie, now after seeing the movie, I read the book. May have to look for the Swedish ones on netflix if they're still on there this weekend. Chick was awesomely hot naked, I'm glad my wife wanted to watch it.. :goof:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally watched the US version of the movie, and was pleasantly surprised. I thought they did a really good job with it. There were a couple of scenes that I thought would be watered down for the American audience, but that wasn't the case.

Have not read the book and don't much care for subtitles, but I watched the US version the other night. A rather disturbing movie on several levels.

I found it rather difficult to follow at times and it seemed to alternate between dragging along and going so fast I was missing things. And I had a number of issues with the ending (of the murder investigation). Not sure if this was the result of the script or the original story but I have the feeling it's that latter.

But, I think I may have to watch it again sometime to see if I can fill in the missing pieces.

Have not read the book and don't much care for subtitles, but I watched the US version the other night. A rather disturbing movie on several levels.

I found it rather difficult to follow at times and it seemed to alternate between dragging along and going so fast I was missing things. And I had a number of issues with the ending (of the murder investigation). Not sure if this was the result of the script or the original story but I have the feeling it's that latter.

But, I think I may have to watch it again sometime to see if I can fill in the missing pieces.

What issues did you have?

What issues did you have?

I found it somewhat confusing, plus I found it to be rather overly formulaic.

The hero allows himself to be lured into the villains lair knowing that danger awaits him. The villain captures the hero and ties him up and then spends 10 minutes on a long involved exposition of everything - presumably for the sake of the audience since the hero's going to be dead shortly. Then the hero is miraculously rescued following which there is a chase in which the villain is killed.

Ah. I thought that part was a real page turner (reading the book). Although the book foreshadowed he was going to be rescued & by who, I didn't expect the "accident".

The revelation of Martin's "life" was sadly interesting.

I don't know how the movie portrayed it (still waiting on a date night to watch it :) ), but the book did a good job, in my opinion.

Edited by Tiny Warrior

I don't know how the movie portrayed it (still waiting on a date night to watch it ), but the book did a good job, in my opinion.

Something like this would probably play better in a book. It may have also been the directing and the acting - the villain often seemed a bit boring. This may also be because I've seen this kind of a scene done so many times (and much better as well). And, well, it's just kind of cliched.

Ok, watched the movie. I did like the movie, but the book is a bagillion times better (expected that).

I can see how it would be a little confusing, (especially with the accents), because the book explained things a hell of a lot better.

They changed a few things in the movie as well, which were ok, but more exciting in the book.

I watched the origional movie over a year ago and thought it was pretty good. The only problem was watching some of the scenes with my brother in law and niece. She is in college but still some of the scenes were over the top.

Will probably see the Swedish versions before I see the US remake.

I watched the origional movie over a year ago and thought it was pretty good. The only problem was watching some of the scenes with my brother in law and niece. She is in college but still some of the scenes were over the top.

The one scene kinda bothered me & I'm well, "older than your average college student" ;)

The one scene kinda bothered me & I'm well, "older than your average college student" ;)

Yeah, but you're Canadian. Stuff like that doesn't happen in Canada.

Yeah, but you're Canadian. Stuff like that doesn't happen in Canada.

:lol: