Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

HTC EVO 4G - tips and tricks?

I'd better bring some lunch to my desk and start reading. :)

Is KC,MO on 4G yet?

Columbus isn't listed, but I've read reports that it is up already in certain areas. And, I talked with a guy that has been driving a tech around taking signal readings.

I'd better bring some lunch to my desk and start reading. :)

Is KC,MO on 4G yet?

Columbus isn't listed, but I've read reports that it is up already in certain areas. And, I talked with a guy that has been driving a tech around taking signal readings.

Yes, but t-mobile has the HD2 and only 3G, which is fast enough for me.

have had mine for a little over a month and am very happy with it. at first was disappointed with the battery drain but have learned that shutting down the android system allows more life during the day. doesn't take long to get reconnected to the internet. 4g REALLY drains power fast. :surprise:

I've been reading that I might have to play with the settings to conserve battery power.

Mine is on the FedEx truck, to be delivered today...but, I am across town. ohmy.gif

I just read an email, from a forum member, that said he couldn't respond to PM's on the forum from his Android phone. ?????

Is he using the full version of the website, or the mobile version ?

*ETA - I just tried to PM you via my phone in android and it wouldnt work.. :unsure:

Edit 2 - I got your PM, opened it and replied in Droid. I could not start a new PM by clicking your profile and hitting send message.

Edited by DWFAN

You can PM from a Droid. Long press the link and open in a new window. The built in pop up blocker messes with a bunch of stuff on this forum, even in full mode.

DWFAN, you have PM. :cheers:

yup, works. Thanks. Didnt know that was there.

:P I've been forced to pick up some tips and tricks for this forum since the last major upgrade. :cheers:

Another cool trick (on a real Droid anyway) is long press on the home key on the phone and the built in task manager comes up making switching between apps a breeze.

I just read an email, from a forum member, that said he couldn't respond to PM's on the forum from his Android phone. ?????

I'm the one he was talking about, and yes ever since the last forum upgrade there are less and less things I can do on my Android phone. I've had my phone for 11 months now, and everything was great until the last "upgrade". :(

Before you freak out about the 4 hour battery life on your EVO (Like I did) get Advanced Task Killer and Froyo Task Killer. They're free and took my phone battery to 2 solid days with frequent web use and about an hour of talk a day. Not to mention endless Droid market searching.

I feel that ATK and FTK are completely NON-optional for any EVO. I'm not an expert but, I've had 3 Droids and I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Turn off 4g and bluetooth if you are not using it. Also... turn off wifi if you are not using it.

I can easily get a full days worth with bluetooth on, 4g off and wifi off unless needed.

Get PDAnet if you have a laptop, and you can tether to get online.

For these forums, you can use the mobile version.... select it under themes on the bottom.

PDAnet works well as does Easy Tether BUT, they go against the T.O.S. so these are for experimental use ONLY. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to uninstall it if you go to Sprint for service. They charge $30 a month for tethering and Wi-Fi hot spot features.