Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Racemaster?

818-DVC

I got one of the first ones. I've had no issues at all. I used a 012 for a year or so, then a ghost for a couple years. The RM is by far the best.

It is very solid compared to the other two.

I always had this little worry about the gun coming out of the old holsters. That worry is now gone.

I have run the limcat, the ghost, the CRSpeed and tried a Gugas.

I now run a DOH. The Limcat was my favorite of the speed holsters and I desperately wanted to try the DAA, but have decided to stick with simple. I put a big knob on the side for adjusting retention. I found I use it frequently when I'm doing MD stuff during the match like adjusting poppers. I no longer worry about banging the gun into stuff, no longer worry if its locked when I sit, squat, or am pasting/ resetting steel.

I think the DAA is all the best features of the others, but simple is better for me.

Edited by Seth

Well I didn't think I post again quite so soon, but after a little patient work with the needle files, my dry draws now result in a nice smooth release for my SA .45 single stack.

Additional fitting notes:

1] I removed all of the sharp edges on the insert slide lock anywhere it contacted the channel of the insert.

2] The channel milled in the insert for the external activation lever was the cause of the "hang up" mentioned in my earlier post. The screw that constitutes the lever was rubbing on one side of the channel.

3] I don't think it was necessary, but I deburred the edges of the pressure plate where it contacted the insert slide lock.

In a nutshell, I made sure that all of the moving pieces moved smoothly and now they do.

Dry draw observations:

1] There in no perceptible audibile "click" when the gun is drawn or reholstered. I'm used to the click of the giant ball detent of my old Limcat.

2] I feel I have to draw/lift the gun up slightly higher (than with the Limcat) to achieve a full and clean release from the holster and the motion must be straight up. I think this will fade into the background with time and practice.

• 1 month later...

Think I tried both up and down....to no avail. I give another shot this evening and maybe some oil. Unless this thing gets right rather quickly....it is being returned posthaste! I have not the time nor patience for such things....

Hi,

I just picked up this thread...

Have you got this sorted?

In case you have any questions - please email us at osc@doublealpha.biz

Thanks,

Eli.

Shot my first match with my new DAA this past Saturday and really like it. I was using a Ghost before and it was OK but I didn't like the way the gun could rock back and forth. The DAA is rock solid and for me it is easier to lock after "If clear, holster."