Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Got Wood?

Hey JT,

Are any of those platforms painted? If not, throwing some fine gravel (4f) on it while paint is wet might help, make sure the paint is the thick stuff made for garage floors or decks.

They won't let anyone make any improvements to it, they just want wood. :wacko:

JT

• 3 weeks later...

Here's an example why wood should be used with extreme caution. If you are going to have people running on it, ya better make sure it has something on it to maintain traction!

Keith was okay and we were all glad he didn't have a gun in his hand. Water+Mud+Wood=Disaster. Lucky the gun stayed on the table and pointed downrange, that would have been a shitty way to end a match.

http://sharing.thefl.../video/23588881

Is this at Milan?

Also makes me think if I'm running a stage that I shouldn't try to outrun what the conditions will allow. A little personal responsibility goes a long way sometimes. Then again, I don't really agree with the common thought that it's someone else's responsibility to accident-proof my life. However, if I were putting on a match and there was a slick condition, I'd be the first to warn people to slow down.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Video link didn't work for me.

I remember some time ago (2000?) there was a wood platform you had to shoot on. The morning squad had a slippery time with the morning dew. A couple guys actually went barefoot and it worked out pretty well for them. Never seen that one, before or since.

Afternoon shooters had no issues once it was dry though.

Video link didn't work for me.

I remember some time ago (2000?) there was a wood platform you had to shoot on. The morning squad had a slippery time with the morning dew. A couple guys actually went barefoot and it worked out pretty well for them. Never seen that one, before or since.

Afternoon shooters had no issues once it was dry though.

Ya buck, the link expired some time ago...

JT