Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First Sub-second Draw

TriggerT

Just got back from the range, and I had my first ever sub-second draw. I was working some other drills, and noticed that my first shot on a target at about 5 yards was breaking around 1.20, so I decided to drop back to 7 yards and see how fast I could go. 1.07 then 1.03 then 0.95 :D took a break to reload another mag and went to 0.89 :D:D

I know not a big deal to some of the people on here, but this was a real big one for me. By the way, they were all A's, though the 0.89 just broke the perf.

.95 Draw at 10 yards everytime A hits, you don't need any better draw than that. Oh yea some guys can get sub .7 at 5 yards, but stick with a solid consistant draw around .95-.98 and you'll be just fine for years to come. Going to fast is a trap when you are trying to get your ideal draw.

Just got back from the range, and I had my first ever sub-second draw.

I remember how cool that felt. You have every right to be proud. There are certain goalposts in this game. First sub-second draw, first sub 2-second Bill Drill, first sub-5 second El Presidente, that have kind of been hallowed by time. Enjoy every one of them as they come.