Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No Trooper at FB3G?

I am an open shooter, but my brother and best buddy shoot Trooper. I got the email that Trooper is out this year, and was curious why. Was there a lack of sponsors, or lack of shooters? I thought it was funny to watch them load up all their gear, walk 30 yards, and drop it all, then repeat it 9 times. And the looks on their faces when I had a hot lunch and they had an MRE was priceless.

I don't know but the SB is ...the trooper could not crawl through the 24" pipe and they did not want to make it shorter than the 40 feet the rest of us will have to crawl through soo they droped the class instead of the stage.

and we can not use our own helmet , have to use the helmets supplied on the stage

glad I have good pads.

My eyes are brown for a reason

I don't know but the SB is ...the trooper could not crawl through the 24" pipe and they did not want to make it shorter than the 40 feet the rest of us will have to crawl through soo they droped the class instead of the stage.

and we can not use our own helmet , have to use the helmets supplied on the stage

glad I have good pads.

My eyes are brown for a reason

Im glad your eyes are brown for a reason.

I know my big ole but cant get thru a 24" pipe, 36 is squeezing it for me.

I'm guessing lack of participation. There was only 10-12 shooters in it the past couple years. Unfortunately I couldn't afford to go to the match this year and I normally brought at least one other shooter with me.

I will still laugh at all the people walking around with their Eberle stock packs loaded down with more stuff than I ever carried there telling me "I won't do trooper, its too hard carrying around all that stuff!". Out of all the matches that have hosted Trooper over the years, Fort Benning was probably the easiest to do it at due to the short distances between stages (aside from when the Stryker crew dropped us off a 1/4 mile from the long range stage "The Range is that way!" LOL).

Ironman is the one match that Trooper remains popular at; usually having as many or more shooters than open. The distances between stages and high round count make is a much greater challenge. I think the next evolution of Trooper will be matches specifically designed around it to make it more of a challenge.

• 4 weeks later...