Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

All steel production guns?

the 5906 5" was ok'ed for production by the old rules, by NROI ruling. The change in the rules also says that, any gun that was legal would not be made illegal.From my understanding, NROI is working with S&W to get weights for several of their guns to amend the weights on the list. So, to say that it is illegal, I would challenge that. I know that there has been several people that have tried there best to exclude it from production but it still is just a 5906 with a 5" barrel not a totally different gun.The 5906 pc 4" gun has been legal with no question.

Nick, I would be happy to show you my letter from J.Amidon where he says that it is not illegal at this time,02april'10. I have not been notified by Mr Amidon otherwise. --JWB

What is the Product code on your 5" 5906 and what does it weight? I am going to start shooting either my 4" or 5" gun in production also.

Tom

My SP-01 Shadow from Angus feels and shoots more like a 1911 than anything I've ever handled. The DA pull is a little long, but really smooth. The SA trigger is as nice as any 1911 I've ever felt. I've heard Mink does really nice work on the CZ's also.