Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Barrel lug damage?

hueycrew

While cleaning my XD9 Tactical I noticed some damage on the lower lug where a C is formed. (Not sure on the nomenclature/proper terms) The lower part is smooth and burr free. The upper part looks like it is chipping away.

My loads are about a 135PF (finally bought a chrono) and using an 18 lb spring.

Anyone else seen this before?

post-15663-032844900 1285858749_thumb.jp

Yep, my XD .40 is about to go in for the same issue but on the bottom part of the "C" of the barrel locking lug. I just need to get it over to the place I bought it from for them to ship it back to Springfield FFL to FFL.

In talking to Springfield since I am not home during the day they will not ship it back to my place without an adult signature upon delivery. With my past experience with my local UPS and fed-ex drivers leaving "signature required" packages on my doorstep signed "front door" I am not going to take the chance of them leaving a firearm there....

I guess I can not complain too much, I do have over 20k rounds through the thing and the only other issue I have had is that the plastic guide rod for the cocked indicator cracked and they sent me another one and I had it in a couple of days. :)

• 2 weeks later...

XD was returned as scheduled. New Barrel. I'll test fire it tomorrow. Hope that is the last time I have to send it back.

On a positive note, the fedex guy waited until my wife answered the door to sign for the package. I'm sure he knew what was in the box.