Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Civil War Reenactors - Antietam 2010

-JQ-

I'm not a reenactor.

But I'm going to take a little trip with some guys who are...and are hard core. I'll be shooting photo/video for a project including these guys. We may be visiting other fields as well as there are several within an hour +/-. FWIW some of these guys have $30K long rifle reproductions...one shot at a time for $30k?!

Next year is the 150th anniversary of the beginning...fyi.

Although I won't be dressing out I will be hanging around at all hours...although not allowed to camp with them. Their encampment is a special gig and these guys are fully squared away...so my bright yellow nylon Eureka! tent is a no go.

My questions:

• Does anyone know of a place to camp nearby?
  • What are the carry ramifications? Guessing not too cool...will look this up too.
  • Any pointers for dealing with reenactors?

It should be pretty cool and quite a change from my typical october camping trip at Knob Creek MG shoot... :surprise:

Thoughts? Sites?

mods...I realize this could go toward travel, but was curious about the reenactor thing too...whatever works

http://www.nps.gov/anti/

Hmmm... I thought carry in National Parks was restored?

Hunting and/ or harassing wildlife is prohibited.
Firearms and other devices capable of launching a projectile are prohibited.
Discharging any weapon from private land onto the park is forbidden. Possession of an edged-weapon which exceeds six inches in length is prohibited. Trained and inspected National Park Service living history volunteers may possess firearms and edged weapons in accordance with park regulations.

Maryland doesn't recognize OH licenses anyway though ? (Nor KY, FL ...?)

[Edit to add]

Updated info on firearm laws and policies in park. http://www.nps.gov/a...andpolicies.htm

If I can't CCW...I'm gettin me something with a bayonet.

Thanks for the heads up.

I think I'll rent that Ken Burns...he's an inspiration for much of my past work too. We are hoping to sell some of this work when it's all said and done...so KB is a good goal to shoot for. I'm thinking shots at night around the camp fire will be sweet. Hope someone has a little brown jug :ph34r:

• 5 weeks later...