Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holsters

Mike Dame

Figured I'd share the Eureka moment I had this weekend

Been running a Ghost for about 6 years for my Limited/Standard gun, loved it. Due to some pointless messing around on a stage I broke it at a match Saturday and ended up using a borrowed non DOH BladeTech for Sundays match. You know what, I liked it! Very secure and stable, still won the match and didnt find it to be a handicap. So the Ghost is going on the shelf and I have my own BladeTech on its way.

I think that the "pause" that I have with the Ghost is a little mental. I don't know if I'm afraid of knocking it out of the holster during the draw or just that it's in a different position than 99% of my other holsters (I usually shoot Production or Single Stack), but I have a noticeable pause when I first get my hand on the gun. I don't feel like I do that with a conventional holster.

Just a thought....

I've been running a Ghost for about 2 years, I love the thing, my had knows where it is no pause drawing, pratice will eliminate that. Practice with it locked some as well, for those times when you need to make the 50 yard dash before drawing or a holstered and seated draw etc, it will fall right out on those.

But +1 on your apifiny I bought a Shadow and a blade tech to play in Production, I really enjoyed the simplicity of the Bladetech holster during the match, no unlocking, no looking down to check the lock before setting steel, that's when it falls out when its not locked.

I like my blade tech that I use for three gunning with my edge. Just be sure the tension screws are tight enough if you are going prone with a holstered pistol. Nothing like the sinking feeling you get from looking over and seeing your blaster laying on the ground beside you after hitting the deck hard. That was an expensive lesson, and others learned from it. I saw the entire squad behind us evaporate to the parking lot for a screwdriver...

I hate race holsters... but only b/c I love them so much. The bikini holster is the PERFECT way to showcase my expensive hardware.... but they're not faster for me. In fact, I'm faster out of the blade tech. I can do a sub sec draw much easier with the Bladetech and I think the reason is that the gun is stable. I can grab HARD and its not going to fall.

I practiced with the Limcat like a mad man..... same with the CR speed. But the BT is just confidence inspiring.

I have sold my CR and Limcat and now run a DOH for both my 5" and 6" lim.