Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

VV 310 Help

225 Fireman

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I just bought VV310 due to seeing it being relatively popular and need some load help for a start point I use 230gr Bayou Bullets so I would appreciate any help with this

For IDPA CDP PF loads out of my 5" 1911s, I have to go to 4.2 N310 with 230gr Jacketed or Plated bullets to make it (moderate temps above 50 degrees outside).

I would think with Bayou Bullets, you could back it off to 4.0 or so to make 165PF.

I use ~1.245 to ~1.255 OAL with my FMJ bullets with good success in all my 1911s.

Regards,

James

That is a very heavy bullet for such a fast powder--there are few faster and N310 can produce some harsh pressure spikes (as can Clays). For me, Solo 1000 would be "better" choice.

You are outside of printed loads and will need to be cautious.

• 4 weeks later...

Vit load data list N310 @ 3.8 gr MIN and 4.2 gr MAX.... these figures came from a 6" barreled gun. In the past I've loaded N310 @ 4.2 gr with a 230 gr RN jacketed bullet with an OAL of 1.240 (+-.003)and clocked these rounds at around 730 FPS , shot from a Government 1911.

• 2 weeks later...

I use 3.8 gr. VV N-310 and WLP with the 185 gr. Star LSWCHP.

Have you shot your load in a1911? Wanted to know what spring you recommend with your load. 16 or 18 lb spring? Thank for your help....

3.8 gr. VV N-310, WLP, 185 gr. Star LSWCHP has been my bullseye psitol load for the 50 yard line. It's avery accurate load. In my S&W 845 I use the factory blong spring. In my SA Trophy Match and an older accurized 1911 that same load functions well with a 16 1/2 lb. recoil spring.

• 2 weeks later...

Any recommendations where to start with 200 gr SWC?

Wilson Combat's Accuracy load for a long time was 4.5 VV310 under a 200gr Lead SWC at OAL of 1.25.

However, they've since gone to different powders for their test and accuracy loads, using VV320 and others.

James

Do you know what Wilson Combat is currently using? I've shot a shot a bunch of the 4.5 gr. VV310's through my Combat Classic with very good success. If there's a better load out there I'd like to give it a try.

Do you know what Wilson Combat is currently using? I've shot a shot a bunch of the 4.5 gr. VV310's through my Combat Classic with very good success. If there's a better load out there I'd like to give it a try.

Same for me, it has worked flawlessly and it is very clean gotta love VV

3.8 gr. VV N-310, WLP, 185 gr. Star LSWCHP has been my bullseye psitol load for the 50 yard line. It's avery accurate load. In my S&W 845 I use the factory blong spring. In my SA Trophy Match and an older accurized 1911 that same load functions well with a 16 1/2 lb. recoil spring.

[/quote

Tony,

Do you know the S&W part number for the long recoil spring for the S&W 845?

Thanks

Tom