Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Gripper

Just bought the new Gripper to put the Slide glide in.

Love it, it is great!

Nice and beefy, good quality.

As usual, Brian's service can not be topped, it got here so quick for a fair price.

Just one bit of criticism though -

The set screw is really cheap and cheesey.

Here you have a nice quality all heavy aluminum holder, and then there is a thin cheap plastic knob from China on the set screw.

It kind of took the wind out of my sails.

Kind of like showing up to pick up your date for the prom, who is the hottest chick and she has this huge zit on her nose.

Or- just getting a new BMW and finding out your radio is not a Blau point, but is from China.

Brian, I would have gladly paid another dollar for a proper set screw, I already paid $35, what's another buck?

But I love it anyway!

I'm going to the Nut and Bolt house today to see if they have anything better.

Edited by Reinz

I'm sorry to hear you didn't like the thumbscrew. The original prototype did have an allen bolt in it, but the idea was that the thumbscrew would eliminate you having to reach for a wrench each time you loosened or tightened the bolt.

I have the prototype with the allen bolt in it, I'd be happy to mail the allen bolt to you if you'd like. If so, please PM me your mailing address.

I'll pass this along to the designer / manufacturer.

be

LOL, then I would get people complaining it was too girly, but we did spring extra for the stainless...

Got to love the turf, we use it for practice in the sandy desert so our mags don't fill with dirt during reloads, so I took a piece and put it on my photo takin' table and it works great.

• 2 weeks later...

The screw and knob used in The Gripper is made in the USA and 10 times the cost of a simple screw.

I think you missed my point.

Beefy aluminum billet, then add a pos plastic?

Just does not mix.

If you are going to go with class, then do it right.

You are already at $35, so what if it goes to $36, $37 ?

I'm sorry to hear you didn't like the thumbscrew. The original prototype did have an allen bolt in it, but the idea was that the thumbscrew would eliminate you having to reach for a wrench each time you loosened or tightened the bolt.

I have the prototype with the allen bolt in it, I'd be happy to mail the allen bolt to you if you'd like. If so, please PM me your mailing address.

I'll pass this along to the designer / manufacturer.

be

Brian - Thank you for your offer.

I have it covered. I am not P O'd, just disappointed. You still have a loyal customer.

You offer great products with equal service. As usual you stepped up to the plate and that is appreciated! :cheers:

Or- just getting a new BMW and finding out your radio is not a Blau point, but is from China.

Off the subject but WTF is a Blau point?

Blaupunkt perhaps?

Please forgive me for my spelling.

I lived properously in the eighties and have not sat in a German car since. Hence, I do not remember how to spell the name of that German radio correctly. :D

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.