Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shock buffs-yes or no

BigGabe

No shock buffs reduce the cycle length of the gun by the thickness of the buff, thus changing the cycle time of the gun and continues to change as the shock buffs compresses (wears).

Just how far do you think the shok buff is going to compress? 1/8"? 1/4"? How long do you think it takes for it to compress that far? :blink:

Are CP buffs 1/4" thick? I don't know what those are. I use the EGW's as that's what my guns were built with and I'm pretty sure the smiths that built them know WAY more about making the gun run than I do.

I'm just interested in these CP buffs.

They are not a 1/4",but they are thicker than the other buffs. CP buffs are closer to 1/8"

Ok, so who is/are "CP"? Thanks! :cheers:

Edit: Never mind, found them.

Edited by SLM

No shock buffs reduce the cycle length of the gun by the thickness of the buff, thus changing the cycle time of the gun and continues to change as the shock buffs compresses (wears).

Just how far do you think the shok buff is going to compress? 1/8"? 1/4"? How long do you think it takes for it to compress that far? :blink:

If you pull your 2011 apart, with the slide off insert your guide rod head in to the seat in the frame and then measure the difference between the bottom of the grove under the rail and the corresponding area on your guide rod head you should see a clearance, I measured two 2011’s for you one is .014” the other is.044”. All shock buff's compresses and push material out in this area causing contact with the slide. Each gun will vary depending on the 2 parts but the number is small, your 1/8" is .125" and 1/4" is .25" for reference. As to how long / many rounds fired to cause an issue that would be based on a combination of many factors:

• How tight the frame to slide is fit

• How over sprung or under sprung the gun is

• How often the buffer is replaced ( most buffer manufactures recommend every 500 rounds)

Out.

2011BLDR