Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-More Railway vs Slide Ride vs Serendipity

trickpony

I plan to only play around with the Cmore and mount it on several firearms. The railway can be easily mounted on anything with a pic rail.

If I were going to buy it for a serious Open gun, I'd likely buy the Serendipity.

They all start out as Serendipitys; CMore just lops off the legs to make Railways and Slide Rides. The only difference between those two is the base.

Cy, if you can find a Serendipity at a good price pick it up. I know there are some Railway bases laying around somewhere. ;)

The slide ride allows you to chose your scope mount. The problem with the Serendipitys is if the mount cracks your out a scope. The railway just adds the weaver type base it's the same scope otherwise. I personally would buy a Railway you never know you might end up mounting the thing on your AR.

Thanks Roger.

Chuck at Shooters Connection had the railway for $199 with the 6 moa dot.

Openshooter - I had the same thought as you about also mounting it on my second AR.

What mounts will work with the railway and a 2011?

Cy, there are a few different mounts out there. Brazos, Alchin, and Dawson are three I can think of right off the top of my head. You can get the Brazos mount either centered over the bore or offset to the left. The Alchin mount has a blast shield built in.

• 11 months later...

Is there anyway to finnagle an Aimpoint onto the STI C-More Railway Mount, that is, the Railway mount that you remove the pic rail from C-More Railway to use. I guess the question is: does an adaptor plate, bracket or ring exist that will allow me use the STI C-More mount screw pattern so I can get an aimpoint on my Bianchi gun while leaving the STI C-More mount in place.

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Is there anyway to finnagle an Aimpoint onto the STI C-More Railway Mount, that is, the Railway mount that you remove the pic rail from C-More Railway to use. I guess the question is: does an adaptor plate, bracket or ring exist that will allow me use the STI C-More mount screw pattern so I can get an aimpoint on my Bianchi gun while leaving the STI C-More mount in place.

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Get an undrilled mount for an Aimpoint from http://www.gramsengineering.com . Beven can even drill it for the pattern you have.