Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ok so the Benelli M4 is the wrong gun what to do?

Alaskapopo

I can't afford to get an M2 right now and if I sell my M4 I will take a huge loss. My question is there any smiths that can put a good fiber optic bead on my M4. I have not seen anyfore sale.

On a side note. I know that a vent rib barrel with a fiber optic bead is the most recommend set up. I was thinking the other day after looking at a KAC rail with the front sight built into the rail that you could do the same with a shotguns rear sight. Have a ghost ring that is folded down into the top of the reciever than you flick up when you need to make a long range slug shot.

What do you guys think?

Pat

If your goal is a three gun shotgun, the M2 fits your needs better than the M4. I'd try to trade the M4 out for an M2. Yes, looking at retail value you will "lose" some money, but you will gain the shotgun you want, and one which is better suited to the task.

:)

If your goal is a three gun shotgun, the M2 fits your needs better than the M4. I'd try to trade the M4 out for an M2. Yes, looking at retail value you will "lose" some money, but you will gain the shotgun you want, and one which is better suited to the task.

:)

+1... you will bleed $$$ if you start paying a smith to work on your M4

Bryan nailed it, Pat. You can take a "huge" loss on your M4 by selling it, or take a "huge" loss on your M4 by having it modified, or take a "huge" loss on your performance trying to make it work as it is.

Or you can cut your losses, and chalk it up to experience, and a hard lesson learned, get an M1 or M2. and start playing the game with better equipment, and get better in the process.

trapr

heh...if I had an M2 to trade you I would. I haven't bought an M4 because they are so much more expensive and don't do anything better (that I can tell). I do however want to get one for the sake of professional interest; it is the current US military shotgun, so its good to have one around in case projects relevant to them come up.

Trying to sell anything on any of the forums these days is hard unless you take a good loss on it. People are broke.