Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

cz spo1 for idpa

Pdoyle

what are some of the "recipes" to shoot a cz spo1 in idpa. grips, weight, springs, holsters, mags, sights, everything...if you have any pics that would be nice too. Am really interested in shooting IDPA this year with a cz, just really am kinda lost on the rules and what is needed. thanks

Pat

Blade-tech or comptac for the holsters/mag holders.

I think you'll only need to worry about weight/grips/mags if shooting a Shadow which is heavier than a standard SP-01.

Sights are a personal preference thing. I like a red fiber front, and the standard shadow rear sight.

I think you'll only need to worry about weight/grips/mags if shooting a Shadow which is heavier than a standard SP-01.

With any SP-01 model you will have to worry about weight in IDPA. Because of their full-length railed dustcovers, they have to make weight for SSP, which is 39oz.

Here are the weights given on the USPSA Production list:

SP-01: 41.2oz

SP-01 Tactical: 41oz

SP-01 Shadow: 42oz

A standard SP-01 is easier to deal with than a Shadow (since it starts out lighter), but it still won't make weight in the stock configuration.

Mainly you need to change the grips. Marschal in Hungary (marschalgrips.com) makes a set that is 4/10 of an oz. total weight for both. That will do it. Mine weighed in at 38.8 oz. I have since switched to a Shadow and with those grips and the stock plastic guide rod instead of the stainless rod it weighs in at 39.000 oz. Good to go.

I shot last Sunday with a friend that ran a Shadow at a big IDPA match a couple weeks ago, finished 2nd Expert. He has wood grips on his Shadow and he said he was worried about weight but made the show.

I sure like my Shadow, I shot it at one USPSA match and swept Production division, after the Open Nationals I'm gonna shoot it a bunch.

Pat...grips are the big deal in making weight..

as others have said.. denis marshal make a lightweight specifically for the SP01 for this purpose.

other parts you could change out to get weight savings..

biggest thing is you will be close no matter what..so make sure you weigh it, no room for assumption as it be in tenths of ounces that you will make weight.

With any SP-01 model you will have to worry about weight in IDPA. Because of their full-length railed dustcovers, they have to make weight for SSP, which is 39oz.

Here are the weights given on the USPSA Production list:

SP-01: 41.2oz

SP-01 Tactical: 41oz

SP-01 Shadow: 42oz

A standard SP-01 is easier to deal with than a Shadow (since it starts out lighter), but it still won't make weight in the stock configuration.

Ahh.. thanks. I wasnt 100%, thus the "I think". I really only see the threads about the Shadow making weight so wasnt sure. My plan is to get my Shadow on the "diet" this winter.

How good of a grip do the Marschal grips provide ?

Edited by DWFAN

as others have said.. denis marshal make a lightweight specifically for the SP01 for this purpose.

biggest thing is you will be close no matter what..so make sure you weigh it, no room for assumption as it be in tenths of ounces that you will make weight.

thanks a million. do you have a number for him with the grips. what will be your next match....

thanks a million. do you have a number for him with the grips. what will be your next match....

Here's his website

http://marschalgrips.com/?content=CZ_SP01-models

not sure where I'll pop up next..I had to take some time away because of finances..but hoping to get going here again.

I changed out the grips to plastic factory grips & plastic guide rod. I also took the lanyard mainspring off and put a flat one on. The gun has the competition sights that came from Angus. Comp Tac does not make a holster to fit it. I asked Greg at the match and there are no plans for it. I have a Bladetech holster with CompTac carriers. The did make weight at the Labor Day regional in Houston. I also plan to cut the magbrake to save a little more weight.

Mike