Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Foot pain

dlee14

Have foot pain that feels like a sprained ankle; except I don't remember spraining my ankle. Doctor says it could be Gout, or Planar Facitis or a sprain. Xray says nothing broken. Amazed that with all the modern medicine they can figure it out more specific than "your foot hurts". I knew that. Maybe blood test will indicated more on Gout. But what a pain. Can't do all the stuff I normally do. We take our health for granted too much. There, I feel better just telling you guys. Enjoy your day.

Have foot pain that feels like a sprained ankle; except I don't remember spraining my ankle. Doctor says it could be Gout, or Planar Facitis or a sprain. Xray says nothing broken. Amazed that with all the modern medicine they can figure it out more specific than "your foot hurts". I knew that. Maybe blood test will indicated more on Gout. But what a pain. Can't do all the stuff I normally do. We take our health for granted too much. There, I feel better just telling you guys. Enjoy your day.

This thread is likely to turn into a discussion and closed, so if you have any questions about gout, PM me, I have it and can give you tips about what to avoid. Like you, I had "foot hurts" pains for years. Went to podiatrist who fitted me for orthotics. Two years later I had more issues, went to orthopedist, he did the blood tests and confirmed it was gout all along. Since then I've been on medication and mostly pain free, some flare ups here and there, but not like it used to be. If Dr confirms gout, you'll need to watch your diet, possibly take meds, but you should be pain free once you do that. I know, from experience.

By the way....I HATE GOUT! Talk about pain....ugh.

Edited by CZinSC

I get inflammation of the tendons in the ankle. At first I took some pretty heavy anti-inflammatory drugs that required antacids. They worked well in relieving the pain. It never was diagnosed as gout but it was very much gout-like.

Now, when I feel it coming on, I use a heating pad at night and Advil. Typically I am walking relatively pain free and it is gone in two days. Go to the PDR to see how much Advil you can take. Just remember, Pro-football trainers passed out Advil like candy--oops you get to go on renal dialysis. BE AWARE of all pain meds.

I did notice that if I sleep on my ankle funny, the inflammation starts up.