Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Caspian Ti frames?

G-ManBart

I'm considering having a lightweight 1911, maybe a Commander, built and was thinking about going lightweight. I haven't searched carefully, but didn't see an AL frame listed for sale by the usual suspects, and thought maybe the Caspian Ti frame might be the ticket (if pricey). Anybody have a gun built on one? To keep it fun, I'm also thinking of 9x23 for something a little different...no, it wouldn't be used for SS matches. R,

I have two Hi-Cap TI frames from Caspian. When I get around to it I am going to build a carry gun using the Ti frame. Make sure when you get the frame you have Caspian fit the slide and frame and do their Carbide treatment to the frame rails.

Alan

have one, with a damascus slide, the rails were carbonized by Caspian, however it has been suggested that it not be used as a high count gun unless it is accurailed. I am not sure if anyone has had a high round carbonized frame, or otherwise.

The frames are very light, and would make a perfect carry piece especially fitted with a commander slide. The gun is being finished at this moment by Gene Shuey.

It was difficult to find the Ti for a while, this one came with Ti MSH and grip safety. It would make an intersting project G-man.