Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dumb People

Canuck223

So a co-worker shared a story that put a smile on my face.

She and her hubby bought a town house a few years ago. In case the terms differ across the continent, a town home is an individual unit in a row of houses, usually 4-6 in a row. Generally a pair of homes share a driveway.

As she was leaving the house for work, her new neighbour was standing in the driveway, fretting. He was a renter, and the landlord had been over the weekend before renovating the basement. He looked at my friend and asked her if her hot water was on.............................

She said "Pardon?", and he again asked if her hot water was turned on. She questioned if his water was turned on, and he explained that his water was fine, but the hot water was shut off....

She asked if his hot water tank was working, and he explained that the Town supplied the hot water, and the tank just kept it insulated....

She said she'd check, and went back into the house to laugh and tell her husband about the douche next door.

She composed herself and went back out, informing him that there hot water was fine. The neighbour started cursing and was heading back into the house to call the Town and rip a strip off of them for cutting off his hot water.

She found out later from another tenant that the brain trust hired to renovate the basement had tied into the supply line for the hot water tanks electrical feed, and when the lights were off in one room, so was the hot water tank.

She and her hubby bought a town house a few years ago. In case the terms differ across the continent, a town home is an individual unit in a row of houses, usually 4-6 in a row. Generally a pair of homes share a driveway.

As she was leaving the house for work, her new neighbour was standing in the driveway, fretting. He was a renter, and the landlord had been over the weekend before renovating the basement. He looked at my friend and asked her if her hot water was on.............................

She said "Pardon?", and he again asked if her hot water was turned on. She questioned if his water was turned on, and he explained that his water was fine, but the hot water was shut off....

She asked if his hot water tank was working, and he explained that the Town supplied the hot water, and the tank just kept it insulated....

She said she'd check, and went back into the house to laugh and tell her husband about the douche next door.

She composed herself and went back out, informing him that there hot water was fine. The neighbour started cursing and was heading back into the house to call the Town and rip a strip off of them for cutting off his hot water.

She found out later from another tenant that the brain trust hired to renovate the basement had tied into the supply line for the hot water tanks electrical feed, and when the lights were off in one room, so was the hot water tank.

You and I must live in the same town. Read my post "Morons" in the What I Hate section.

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

You and I must live in the same town. Read my post "Morons" in the What I Hate section.

Pat

Small world. Just a few examples why relatives should not interbreed.

I worked with a fellow in college who wished to move into off-campus housing. He searched the yellow pages at lenghth one evening, until he finally threw the phone book down in disgust.

"Don't nobody put they 'partment fo rent in da damn yella pages?"

Of course, he was searching in the "P's" because he was looking for a "partment".

I'm glad there are people like that in the world for a variety of reasons...

1st, if everyone was smart, who would we laugh at?

B, It makes some of us who aren't so bright look like Einsteins....

3, Who would do all the manual labor that most intelligent people think they are too smart for?