Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Multi-Gun at Atlanta Conservation Club 9-12-10

Come out and join us for ACC's Multi-Gun match this Sunday, 9-12-10. It will be a fun and challenging test of your marksmanship and gun-handling skills with your rifle, handgun, and shotgun, as well as your mental game. We are planning on 5 courses of fire.

MATCH DATE: Sunday September 12, 2010

Shooters' Meeting: 9:45 AM

Match starts immediately following shooters' meeting

RULES: Indiana Multi-Gun Rules

MATCH FEE: $20 per shooter, $10 off for ROs, $10 off for Saturday Set Up Crew.

SET-UP: Set-up will be on Saturday before the match. We will get started around Noon. Please help if you can, if even for an hour. Email the Match Director for details if you could help out. Remember, the more help we get from volunteers like you, the better the matches will be!

Round count:

Rifle - 62

Handgun - 51

Birdshot - 30

I recommend that you bring double the numbers above for the ammo that you bring to the match. You can always take ammo back home with you, but running out at the match is a bummer!

Here is a breakdown of the stages:

Stage 1 - 14 Rifle, 4 Handgun

Stage 2 - 41 Handgun

Stage 3 - 28 Rifle, 6 Handgun

Stage 4 - 18 Birdshot

Stage 5 - 12 Shotgun, 19 Rifle

If you shot one of our Multi-Gun matches last year, you can expect this match’s difficulty level to be very similar. If you didn’t shoot one of our Multi-Gun matches last year, you may find this match to be a little more demanding than your typical USPSA or IDPA club pistol match— some shots may be a bit more technically demanding, and some shooting positions may be a bit more awkward physically.

It will benefit you to know the point of impact (POI) of your rifle from contact distance out to approximately 25 yards. Half-scale paper targets will be used for rifle targets. We will also be implementing NewBold synthetic targets for rifle, which will equate to 8 MOA or larger at our distances. Know your shotgun pattern, as there will be some steel no-shoot plates placed in close proximity to shoot targets.

For more discussion about this match, please check out this matches thread on the Indiana Gun Owners (INGO) forum: http://ingunowners.com/forums/shooting_sports/108151-multi-gun_at_atlanta_conservation_club_9-12-10_a.html#post1282351

NOTE: that all matches at AtlantaCC are conducted under a COLD RANGE. All guns must be either holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. Long guns should remain bagged, or in a rack with an open action, and/or an "empty chamber indicator" (flag) in place. It is the shooter's responsibility to ensure that the muzzle of any gun is never pointed in an unsafe direction. You may only handle your gun only at the direction of the range officer (RO), or in the designated "safe areas." You may not handle any ammunition or loaded magazines in the safe areas. Violation of these or any other safety rules shall result in a match disqualification.

Edited by rz317

Very nice and nasty use of barrels to make the targets impossible to shoot in a easy sequence. Saw many missed targets. I am glad I checked zero on my dot the other day just because of those damned little newbold things.

BTW Im sorry to anyone who picked up 45 brass today. Last week I found a full box of Win NT in my closet and I uhh,,, used them and left the brass today. Or at least I think I used all the dang things. A pox on Win NT. They actually were not much hotter than my MG reloads.

Edited by tnek

Very nice and nasty use of barrels to make the targets impossible to shoot in a easy sequence. Saw many missed targets. I am glad I checked zero on my dot the other day just because of those damned little newbold things.

BTW Im sorry to anyone who picked up 45 brass today. Last week I found a full box of Win NT in my closet and I uhh,,, used them and left the brass today. Or at least I think I used all the dang things. A pox on Win NT. They actually were not much hotter than my MG reloads.

So YOU'RE the one!!! haha. i didnt spend much time pickin up brass, but got a few and sure enough a few NTs were in there, haha. Id never seen one before, so i brought them home too :)

Anyone know when results will be posted/emailed?

Scores were finally posted on the club's site last Friday.

http://www.eteamz.com/AtlantaConservationClub/handouts/index.cfm?cat=176992&id=777468#1872149

Sorry for the delay. I've always tried to get scores up within 24 hours of the match, but we had an unusual circumstance that caused a delay this time. I don't expect this to be an issue in the future.

RZ