Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where can I buy the double wide 1911 single stack mag pouches?

Newby

I am looking for the two wide type, not the standard two double pouch. I want to use these for single stack class with my 45 (8 rd mags). Can anyone tell me where to finds these? What I am looking for are the ones where one pouch is outside (further distance from the belt) of the other. Somehow I'm not able to find these online....but I did just spend the whole day roasting in the sun at a shoot...

Help :)

Hello: Look at the Comp-Tac beltfeed mag pouch. I have not used these yet but may try one. I have used the Blade-Tech quad and it works great for steel challenge type stuff but not so good for USPSA single stack. I use Safariland 771's for that and fit 6 on my belt. Thanks, Eric

I am looking for the two wide type, not the standard two double pouch. I want to use these for single stack class with my 45 (8 rd mags). Can anyone tell me where to finds these? What I am looking for are the ones where one pouch is outside (further distance from the belt) of the other. Somehow I'm not able to find these online....but I did just spend the whole day roasting in the sun at a shoot...

Help :)

Single Stack is a Division, not a Class. Guns are Divided by Division. Shooters are Classified by shooting Classifiers. :)

You don't want the double wide mag pouches...they simply don't work well for USPSA matches. The Comp-Tac Belt Feed works fine for SS (I have one), but if I was starting over and putting together a SS rig, I'd go with Ready Tactical mag pouches...less expensive, and easy to stack them one right after the other.

Thank you everyone for your fast responses and experieced insights, this is why I came to this board. I want to buy what is best for USPSA single stack "division" (thank you also for the clarification of divisions vs classes :) I will look at the comp tac and Ready Tac go from there.

:) Thanks again!

Edited by Newby

Hello: The Safariland 771's are the best for Single Stack division and they support our sport :cheers: Get 6 of them and a CR Speed belt to put them on.

The "best" as in absolutely without question? :unsure:

See, that's why the have choices :) 771s aren't the best, for me, by a long shot. I had some, and sold them :) They take up too much space and 6 of them would go all the way to my spine. 6 Ready Tacticals go to about my left rear pocket, where I can still get at them. R,

The Blade Tec double wide mag pouches for single stack work just fine. There is a bit of a learning curve with them, but after you figure them out they are very fast because you have 4 mags bacically in the same place. I put a round in the outside two pouches to get the mags in them a bit higher.

And for HeMan division in 3 gun they are almost necessary because of the need to conserve precious realestate on your belt with 10 round pistol mags, 4 round shotgun shell holders, and 20 round rifle mags...

jj

ETA; you can order them from Blade Tec...

Edited by RiggerJJ

Hello: The Safariland 771's are the best for Single Stack division and they support our sport :cheers: Get 6 of them and a CR Speed belt to put them on.

The "best" as in absolutely without question? :unsure:

See, that's why the have choices :) 771s aren't the best, for me, by a long shot. I had some, and sold them :) They take up too much space and 6 of them would go all the way to my spine. 6 Ready Tacticals go to about my left rear pocket, where I can still get at them. R,

Chris,

You have to understand that Eric has a little more real estate available to put mag pouches on.:roflol:

Pat

Hello: Hey guys I only have a 34" waist and can reach all the mags with the 6 Safariland 771's on my belt. I like the Safarilands because the mount is so secure on the belt. I also like the fact that I can tension the mag as much as I want. Some of the other mag holders don't have all these features. Pat at least I can see and run :roflol: Chris just eat more. Thanks, Eric

I bought some of the Ready Tactical magazine pouches, I give them an A so far. I have a 30" waist and it looks like I'll be able to barely get 6 of them from my left hip to spine, all next to each other, but comfortable. If I need more I suppose I could use my pant pockets...