Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadow Custom right hand side safety only?

G34 CORDY

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it a two part safety? The old CZ's had a safety that kind of slid together and was held in by a spring. They had problems and broke often. I switched the ones on my P9's out for one piece safeties, so you should be able to.

https://shop.cz-usa.com/item_detail.aspx?ItemCode=0420037495Z

Edited by GrumpyOne

So, what model is your Shadow based on? Cordy, they should be the same. One of my P9's is single, the other double, but they both use the same safety. And, they are direct copies of CZ 75's...

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=90594&view=findpost&p=1039979

Edited by GrumpyOne

I'm sure it will work....I could cannabalize one of my safeties to send to you to try if you like...If it works, send it back and order yourself one, if it doesn't, then just send it back to me....

Check out this link as well for CZ parts.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=389358

Edited by GrumpyOne

if the safety is too big, you may want the standard style sp-01 safety. you will need a new sear cage and both left hand and right hand standard safeties. call angus and tell him you want the standard safeties, lol. hope it doesn't change your trigger job... when you remove the slide, look down on the sear cage. there will be a number stamped on top of it. most are #3. the numbers range 1-4 or 1-5. i think it basically deals with factory fitment. if you get a replacement sear cage, it will need the same number. though, i swapped a #3 standard cage and installed a #4 wide safety cage and it didn't mess with anything.

the good news is you can sell the wide safeties and cage since some people want to upgrade to those from the standard safeties.

I, too, have that problem. I have a Shadow Target, which I purchased new from Angus. Wish I knew these things before I bought the gun so I could have exchanged them at Angus's shop. Could've saved a few $$$ :( Oh well.

Am I the only one that has had this problem with the bigger safety or should I just practice more with the one I have?

I think you'll be fine. I don't bump the safety frequently; nonetheless, it's a bit annoying when I do. I guess practice makes perfect. My Shadow Target certainly is one sweet shooting gun... I wonder how its trigger pull performs vis-a-vis Shadow Custom.

I guess Iam going to play with my grip and try to get use to the safety before buying a new one.

Today was my first match with the CZ, I have been use to my G34 so it didnt matter where my hand was but now I need to like you said ride my thumb on the top of the safety. This I need to work on at the house when practicing my draws. It will take some getting use to but I think it will work out just like the guys that shoot 1911's.