Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Daydreaming might be a really good thing

kevinj308

Interesting article out of the LA Times. Talks about what how hard our mind is working when we are just day dreaming. It's more than just a few paragraphs but I thought it was worth a read.

http://www.latimes.com/health/la-he-brain-20100830,0,479095.story?page=1

Kevin

Edited by benos
replaced link

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, Kevin. I enjoyed that.

I've been wondering if we all spend too much time "engaged". Cell phone, Blackberry, Droid, Ipod, internet.

I ride my dirt bike 20 miles to work most days, warm or cold, rain or shine. No radio, just wind and motor.

I ride my dirt bike 20 miles to work most days, warm or cold, rain or shine. No radio, just wind and motor.

Nice! Good stuff.

I was eating lunch in my favorite local Mexican restaurant recently, and my waitress stopped to comment, "Everyone's always playing with their cell phone or iPod or something, but you always just sit there." That got her a nice smile. And got me one too.

:)

be

Yes, we do learn a lot from one another around here.

Unlearning is an important part of learning. Sometimes our innocent habits can become tyrannical in their hold on us.

Take the waitress's comment to Brian as an example: "Everyone's always playing with their cell phone or iPod or something, but you always just sit there."

"just sit there".....

Just sit there....... enjoying the moment? The incredible taste of the food? The wonderful smells, the sounds of conversation and laughter? The exchange of smiles between us? Paying attention.

Yes, just sitting there paying attention. :cheers:

If it's where I think the waitress's ain't that hard to use up some attention.

:roflol:

I bet your thinking of Harlows. That place is nuts, girl wise. But if you were then I got you. It's the last place you and I had lunch. (That's all I'm gonna say in this thread on it.)

;)

I ride a bicycle to work everyday on some pretty busy streets. There are many times when I get to work and don't remember anything about the ride. Those are days when I'm usually working something out it my head. Most times I can't even remember what I was thinking about. I know I was thinking about something....probably something that was troubling me, but after the ride I can't even remember what it was.

My ride to work is mostly downhill. Back home is a good climb and this is the first year I've started getting the same mental experiences on the ride home as I do going to work. It's been suffering hot still in the mid to high 90's and that hill sucks and it seems I'm sucking on a hairdryer. I'm completely blown away about how many times I've found myself in the front yard completely oblivious to the fact that I just rode home in ridiculous heat not remembering a single thing about the ride home...but I know I was thinking about something. I just can't remember what it was.