Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 Upper

J-Rob

Caspian does not have the cutout in the slide which would make them not legal. I would avoid caspian though. I have had 2 of their slides and both had problems. First one broke out the FP channel area of the breech face and had a round chunk of metal(almost looked like a bushing but it wasn't popping out). They had good warrenty service and replaced it for free. The next one had holes that were undersized and should not have been. The FP safety hole a vanek fp safety(which is slightly slimmer than factory) could be forced into the hole but would not function. The factory one would not fit at all. It was also tight in the FP channel, and where the extractor goes. While it is a gunsmith fit, that should not involve having to machine out holes that should be made to correct size as there is no reason to undersize them. That one went back as well.

Why not just buy a glock, and sell the frame. They typically go for a pretty good chunk of change on gunbroker

I'm guessing the OP wants an original Glock 34 upper to shoot Production in 9mm, in which case Lone Wolf or anything else aftermarket won't work.

No

Heck, if you don't care about Production legality, then by all means, go for the Lone Wolf.

I'm guessing the OP wants an original Glock 34 upper to shoot Production in 9mm, in which case Lone Wolf or anything else aftermarket won't work.

A G34 upper on a G17 lower wouldn't be legal either. No, nobody would be able to tell, but it wouldn't be legal. R,

A G34 upper on a G17 lower wouldn't be legal either. No, nobody would be able to tell, but it wouldn't be legal. R,

Just wondering...

What is the difference between a 17 and 34 lower?

Only that the box they came in had a different number after the "G" :)

This comes up frequently "if I have a G--, can I put a G-- slide on it and shoot it in Production"...not legally, you can't. No, it wouldn't make any difference, and G17,22, 34, and 35 frames are all identical, but the rules are the rules. R,

IIRC, given that they have the same part number if you try to order a replacement, I'd think that would be a questionable ruling.

Regardless, I'd roll the dice on someone inquiring all the way back to Glock to try to ID a serial number just to protest me for having a G17 frame instead of G34 frame...off and on, I've been shooting IPSC/USPSA for the better part of 20 years, and I have yet to run into someone at a match that would be that much of a prick.

Regardless, I'd roll the dice on someone inquiring all the way back to Glock to try to ID a serial number just to protest me for having a G17 frame instead of G34 frame...off and on, I've been shooting IPSC/USPSA for the better part of 20 years, and I have yet to run into someone at a match that would be that much of a prick.

You're right, of course. Practically speaking, the only way anybody would know or care is if the shooter of such a hybrid were to proclaim the gun's condition to a Match Official at a major match. If you call them on the rule at, say, the Nationals, then they will be forced to respond. Unfortunately, from the comments I've received from John Amidon himself, when I asked this specific question, my money would be on a move to OPEN.