Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullseye

Mikej

It sits in the slot and has a recoil lug at the back.

Thanks, that's a "good one". I don't like the ones that just lay on the top of the frame, like the Weaver (brand) mount does. Pinnacle's mount also sits in the slot. Burris makes a good steel mount that uses "rifle rings", a "twist in" front and windage adjustable rear. I used them when I was shooting silhouettes for the extra weight of the (steel) mount and rings. Leupold makes a similar mount but with "twist ins" front and rear.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a Weigand base on my 617 until last week, with a red dot. Very nice mount that screws into the topstrap with three screws.

I have seen some C-mores mounted on S&W's. Not sure what mount those guys use but optic wise C'mores are the bee's knees.

That should be worth looking into.

Allchin makes a C-More mount for Smiths.

As does Pinshooter on the forum. I have C-Mores on Pinshooters mounts and like them except the C-More drives you nuts trying to zero it perfectly for bullseye (which I do occaisionally with considerable mediocrity).

I have C-Mores on Pinshooters mounts and like them except the C-More drives you nuts trying to zero it perfectly for bullseye (which I do occaisionally with considerable mediocrity).

Dont believe that....I've seen him shoot.

Weigand makes a solid alum. base that screws to the factory topstrap holes for about $30.00. I've had good luck with those.

Warren, what about a similar mount that is made for the JPoint/Docter? I would like to keep the sight as close to the bore line as possible, and a Weaver base with the clamp-on mount is a bit higher than I would like.

The J-Point mount comes with instruction on how to mount it if your gun doesn't have the pre drilled three holes. I just got one and put in on last night. Take some 5 minute Epoxy and place the mount on the gun. Then drill the holes and tap them.'

Fortunately I had the holes pre-drilled so I din't have to do that. It's a very stable mount. I shot 300 rounds this morning and am very happy with the J-Point. Very close to the bore.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been Shooting my 625 in our local league for several years now. Weigend mount is trouble free. I have been using both the Match Dot and the fixed Ultra Dot with standard Weaver rings. I'd be happy with the fixed Ultra dot. The Weavers hold their zero if you want to take the scope off for maintenance, and they sit a bit lower. The stock split rings kind of suck.

I'm shooting at fifty feet and 25 yards and 3.5 grain Bullseye works fine with a 200 grain SWC.

RIMZ moon clips are nice for this type of shooting. Easy in and out with no tools needed.