Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Super 1050 toolhead Rachet &Pawl

Hi could someone tell me what part of this they have removed I have taken the notched part off my 1050 and made up the distance of the metal with a washer of the same thickness but when I stroke the press it moves at least 6-10 mm sideways on the downward stroke and that to me seems way to much.

The last thing I want to do is to have the toolhead hit the shellplate is this kind of movement normal after you have taken off this part or should I just take off the spring loaded pawl that runs up and down the that notched bar.

To me that pawl is not going to last long at any rate as the sawing action of this setup is already starting to wear it away :surprise: .

I have put the notched bar back for now just to be on the safe side and wait until I get some advice from the 1050 Guru's on this site.

:cheers: & Thanks in advance to any replies

Ditto. Have one hang-up to where you need to raise the toolhead and clear some rounds...you will curse that thing! I took it off ASAP.

It sounds like you have it right. I will need to look at mine but I believe I still have the notched bar attached.

Hello: I removed the lever arm that is attached to the press not the ratchet that is attached to the toolhead. Take note that when removing the lever arm that the ball and spring behind it may fall out. The press is alot smoother with the rachet system removed but take note that it is also easier to get a over charge without it. When in daught take the brass out :cheers:Thanks, Eric

Ok it seems that removing it is the way to go, the funny thing is the manual I got with my press does not even show that Ratchet & Pawl I must have been given the older version of the 1050 manual :rolleyes: with my now four week old press.

Could someone tell me just how much movement they have in the toohead when they cycle the press as stated above I get about 6-10 mm movement without the rachet on the press is this what is considered normal movement.

Thanks to any reply

Edited by Taipan