Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classifier Scores Not Updated

beltjones

So my USPSA membership went active 7-23, and I shot a special classifier match on the 24th. I guess the MD made an honest mistake, and instead of reporting my status as "pending" he listed it as "none."

I alerted the folks at USPSA as to the problem, and response was less than helpful. I mean, I'm a USPSA member, I paid the classifier match fees, the scores are clearly viewable online to anyone who would like to look, and the response was that I'm out of luck.

Is there any way this can be fixed? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sorry if this isn't the right forum, or if I didn't search correctly for a similar topic.

Did you try speaking with the MD? There is a period of time to make corrections, not sure how long that lasts, though. If he is not helpful or able to help, contact the Section coordinator for the section you shot in & explain to him. He should be able to help.

To find the SC, go to the www.uspsa.org website, scroll down to "clubfinder" & click the advanced finder underneath. Enter the state where you shot the match in. Scroll down the results & find places where it says "......section" (eg. "West Texas Section"--that is the section I am in) & find the listed section nearest where you shot. That is contact info for the SC. The SC is kind of a problem solver, helper, volunteer with uspsa. He can tell you or he can find out, if this can be fixed now. Be patient, he is a volunteer, ok?

MLM

So my USPSA membership went active 7-23, and I shot a special classifier match on the 24th. I guess the MD made an honest mistake, and instead of reporting my status as "pending" he listed it as "none."

I alerted the folks at USPSA as to the problem, and response was less than helpful. I mean, I'm a USPSA member, I paid the classifier match fees, the scores are clearly viewable online to anyone who would like to look, and the response was that I'm out of luck.

Is there any way this can be fixed? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sorry if this isn't the right forum, or if I didn't search correctly for a similar topic.

1. Who sent the scores in & paid the fees? The fact that scores show up on-line means only that they were uploaded for posting. It does not mean they were sent to USPSA & all the fees were paid. If that is not done yet, contact the Match Director and see if the "None" can be changed to "Pending" or your membership number.

2. If the scores have already been sent & paid for, you STILL need to contact the Match Director. There are procedures in place to correct scoring errors, but those steps cannot be initiated by the individual member, but ONLY by the Match Director.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Right.

Get in touch with your Match Director and, if need be, your Section Coordinator.

You did your part.

(Also, make sure that others that shot that same match have had their classifiers post to their classification page. As Linda said, your whole match may not yet be posted for classification, and paid for. Seeing the scores posted for the match...that is a whole different unrelated process.)

Right.

Get in touch with your Match Director and, if need be, your Section Coordinator.

You did your part.

(Also, make sure that others that shot that same match have had their classifiers post to their classification page. As Linda said, your whole match may not yet be posted for classification, and paid for. Seeing the scores posted for the match...that is a whole different unrelated process.)

Yeah, other people's scores and classifications were updated. I've emailed the MD - hopefully that will take care of it. Though it will be a bit annoying if I have to wait yet another month to get my classification. Anyone think I can manage to get bumped before I even get my first official classification? lol.

Right.

You did your part.

Well it appears the club I shot with is independent, and the section coordinator couldn't help.

The match director hasn't responded to a few emails. He may have been on vacation or something, I have no idea. Does anyone have any other ideas of how to get this resolved?

The match director hasn't responded to a few emails. He may have been on vacation or something, I have no idea. Does anyone have any other ideas of how to get this resolved?

Patience?

Maybe he was on vacation or something.

Right.

You did your part.

Well it appears the club I shot with is independent, and the section coordinator couldn't help.

How about your Area Director. Where are you at?

Looking closer, it appears the club paid the match fee the first time around, and then did a correction. The correction is awaiting processing.

I sent an email to USPSA to double check with them.

So is there anything I need to do from my end?

The correction is loaded in. It would then update on the next monthly cycle...which is on the 15th of the month (Sept.).

I am mildly concerned that the correction says it is awaiting processing due to the funds not being paid...as they were already paid the first time around (same dollar amount). I hope to hear back from USPSA on that point. Lets give them a week to get back to us. (in other words, send me a PM in a week to remind me to follow up with them if I haven't heard back yet)

The correction is loaded in. It would then update on the next monthly cycle...which is on the 15th of the month (Sept.).

I am mildly concerned that the correction says it is awaiting processing due to the funds not being paid...as they were already paid the first time around (same dollar amount). I hope to hear back from USPSA on that point. Lets give them a week to get back to us. (in other words, send me a PM in a week to remind me to follow up with them if I haven't heard back yet)

Great! Thanks!